chapter 20

Pankhuri pov.....

3 months later.............................

Sitting in the lawn I looked at the sky filled with twinkling stars.....

A sad smile appeared on my face remembering how Vidyut used to tell me that my mother is one of them .

But now the same man who used to console me has lost himself in the darkness.
He goes to his office and comes back, locks himself in the room and drinks.

It hurts to see him like that......He doesn't talk to anyone now.
Babyyyy .......I don't know what should I do now ....I want to help your father but he doesn't let anyone go  near him ....I Caressed my 7 month old baby bump .

Just 2 months are left now and I will be gone too . I don't know who will take care of you after me .......I cried wrapping my arms around my bump .

Iss bache ne kya kiya hai ...Jo iske aane se pehle hi sab bikhar Gaya hai ......I asked looking into the sky as streams of tears flowed down my cheeks .

I heard the sound of glass breaking and looked towards the balcony....
I got up wiping my tears and rushed inside .

Climbing the stairs...I knocked on the door.
Vidyut.......Please open the door .....Vidyut .....I continue to bang on the door and heard the foot steps approaching near .

I don't want to talk to anyone....just go away ....leave me alone.......He said from the other side .

Nooo.....please open it once ....please .....Just once .......I said while crying and heard the clicking sound.

I turned the knob and pushed open the door .
There was dim light in the room and It  smells of  alcohol and cigrette.

I walked in and looked at him .
Ye kya halat bana li hai aapne khud ki .....I asked him and he poured some alcohol in the glass.

I held his hand stopping him from gulping it down and he looked at me angrily.
Pankhuri......just leave ...he warned me and I shook my head .

Nahiiii ....mei nahi jaaungi .....I said and snatched the glass from his hand .
Who the hell you think you are .... He yelled standing up and I shivered.

Samjh nahi aata ek baar mei ....just go from here .......He shouted.
Mere chale jaane se kya hoga ...aap aur shrab pi lenge ...... zindagi asse nahi chahti hai Vidyut....kab tak aap asse rahenge ....I asked him gathering my confidence although I am internally shivering from fear .

Muje mat sikhao kese jaana hai ......he said massaging his face sitting back on the couch .
Kyu .....aap mere dost nahi hai kya ....mujhe bilkul acha nahi lagta aapko asse dekhna ....

Aapke parents bhi bohot pareshan hai aapko lekar .....I said wiping my tears that were spilling from my eyes seeing the broken man .

Pankhuri....jao yaha se .... nothing make sense to me at this point..... please leave.....he said lying back and I palmed my mouth to prevent the sob .

I just exited his room and cried.
It's so painful to see him like that .

He is the one who made me smile...who gave me a hope to live again and now seeing him like this is utterly painful.

I came back to my room and laid on my bed covering myself with my mother's dupatta.

I slept feeling exhausted and tired. My feets are swollen and no days I don't feel like eating anything.
I feel depressed and lonely and seeing people around me in pain and despair is not helping me at all .

I am worried about this little one too....how will the baby live without the love and care of parents.

Uncle and Aunty are there but will they be enough. How will they manage such a small baby at this age .