~ Chapter 73 ~

Chapter 73
Saturday February 25th
Lennon's POV

Harry and I were doing something tonight that I've never done before. I'm leaving the kids alone overnight. Yes, Harry has kept them overnight once but that was an emergency and he's family, so in my mind it's different. However, tonight we're leaving them for the night with Lyanna. I am not going to lie, I'm really nervous about it, and it took me a lot of convincing when Harry suggested the idea to me.

I trust Lyanna fully, I have no worries about that, but this is a big thing for me. I've never really left them unless I had to, and I know a night away is a good thing for me, but that doesn't mean I won't be thinking about them the entire time. I know the twins will be okay, they're simple to get down to sleep and she shouldn't have any problems with them waking up in the middle of the night. I was worried about Theo, and if he would even fall asleep for her.

I'm standing here packing my bag, and debating if I should just tell Harry that I don't think I can do it. I would feel insanely bad because I know how he's looking forward to this, but I just feel so bad leaving them.

Lennon, you need to pull it together. They'll be perfectly fine and you're going to have a great night.

I gave myself a little pep talk and continued to pack my clothes and necessities I needed for a night away in my suitcase. I was home alone with the kids right now, so all three of them were in my room hanging out while I packed.

"Which one teddy?" I asked Theo, holding up two hangers of dress options. I honestly had no idea what Harry and I were doing tonight besides the fact that we had a hotel reservation and going to dinner, so I'm just packing a bunch of different outfits. That's also why for now I'm just wearing a pair of loose fitted jeans and a skin tight long black sleeve, and then I can change if I need to.

"Uhm" Theo looked at both dresses. "That one"

"That's what I was thinking too" I agreed with him, pulling the black mini dress off the hanger and tossing it into my suitcase.

"Don't bring this" Theo held up a shirt option I pulled out for tomorrow, with a disgusted look on his face.

I couldn't help but laugh at his reaction. "You don't like that one?"

"Nope"

"Well then" I shrugged and checked on the twins. "Oh guys"

I had left one of my dresser drawers open and the twins threw every item of fabric all over the floor when I wasn't looking. I groaned lightly and tossed everything back into the drawer and shut it so they couldn't do it again. Delia fussed now that her activity was taken away from her, but I placed some toys in front of them to entertain themselves.

"Why can't I go with you mommy?" Theo asked with a sigh.

"Because Harry and I are going to spend some grown up time together" I told him. He was somewhat upset when I told him this morning that we'd be going away for the night without him, and it made me feel even worse about my decision to go.

"Is this because he has a crush on you?" He tilted his head at me, and I know Theo is smart, but I'm surprised he put this together.

I thought for a moment, I didn't really want to mention anything to Theo until Harry and I were official, but I've made it a point to always be honest with them if I don't think the news will harm them. I think that since Theo already has the idea in his head and seems to be okay with it, there's not much harm in telling him a little bit of the truth.

"Harry and I are spending time together to maybe get back together in a relationship. How do you feel about that?" I asked. I had a feeling he would be fine with it, but who ultimately knows what he's thinking. He's had a lot sprung on him the last year.