a day well spent (5)

"Good morning." A voice whispers in my ear.

I move away and roll onto my side so that I'm facing away. I continue to sleep till someone pulls away the covers making me shiver and then the curtains are drawn back which make me blink and open my eyes.

I find William standing in front of me with his arms crossed. "Rise and shine sleeping beauty."

I roll onto my stomach and moan into the pillow. But I wish I hadn't because I feel arms wrap around my waist, pulling me off the bed. I yelp as he sets me down on his work table and comes to stand in front of me.

"What do you want? You disturbed my beauty sleep!" I rub my eyes to make my point.

He takes hold of my hands and pulls them away from my face only to replace them with his lips. As we kiss I lean into him and wrap my legs around his waist. I run a hand through his hair as he rubs my arms and back.

He starts a trail of kisses from my lips to behind my ear. Where he kisses a sensitive area making me dig my nails into his neck. When he pulls away, I loop my arms around my neck.

"I don't mind waking up early everyday." I tell him.

He rubs his nose against mine, making me squeal. "And someone was just saying that I disturbed their beauty sleep."

I smile at him innocently and then it vanishes almost at once.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

I sigh and play with his shirt's neck. "Don't you have to go to work? Attend meetings and stuff."

"No, I don't. I have Sundays off just like everyone else." He tells me making the smile reappear on my face. I kiss his cheek and hop off the table, saying. "You deserve it because after that press conference I think I could use with a year's worth of rest. I don't know how you've managed this your whole life."

He takes my hand and plays with it. "What you saw is say, 2% of what actually goes on."

My eyes widen at this and I playfully hit his arm. "Wow! You're tough buddy."

He smirks. "Buddy?"

I protest. "Come on! Buddy's a cute nick name."

"Fine. I'm your buddy. Anything else you would like to do, your highness?" He asks.

I pretend to think for a moment and then say. "No, but I'm going to take a shower. So, you'll have to wait while I do that. Or do you want to go first?"

"No, you do that because I have something in mind for us to do." He tells me.

 I raise an eyebrow at him. "What exactly do you have in mind?"

"Just shut up and go take a shower! You'll find out soon enough." When I refuse to budge, he suggests. "Think of it as a surprise."

"Fine." I huff as I gather the clothes I need and walk into the bathroom.

I take a shower and change into new clothes. When I step out I find William sitting on the bed, looking out of the window.

I clear my throat making him look at me. "I'm done."

"Good! You should go have breakfast, I'll meet you there." He says, as he kisses my forehead and goes in through the door I just came out from.

I make my way downstairs to the dinning room and walk in to find the king already seated, as usual.

"Good morning." I say sitting down.

"Good afternoon." He replies, reading the newspaper.

 I stare at him for a moment and then twist around in my seat to look at the clock on the wall and he's right. It's one o'clock! No wonder William called me Sleeping Beauty.