not ready to die of boredom (38)

My arms bump into something as I stretch them. I sigh and move to bury my face into William's shoulder. I feel his arm move around me which tells me that he's also awake.

After a few minutes I push myself up so that I'm sitting on the bed next to him. Swinging my legs off the bed I moves towards the bathroom. I wash my face with warm water and then go back to the room to find William sitting on the bed's edge staring down at his feet.

"Morning." I say, walking towards him.

"Hey." He replies getting up and coming to stand in front of me with his hands on my waist.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask, rubbing his arm.

He nods. "As long as you're next to me I'm bound to sleep well. Which means I'll be having trouble sleeping for the next month."

This makes me smile. "You can just come over every night."

He sighs. "If it were that I'd just take you back with me but keeping some distance between us is why we're doing this, so might as well stick to it."

I groan as he pulls me into a hug. After a few moments he pulls away saying. "I might not be able to come cover today because I have a couple of meetings and I don't know when they'll end."

I nod my head, slightly disappointed which I'm sure my face gave away because he slips a finger under my chin and tugs on it till I look up.

"Hey. I'm sorry." He says, kissing me softly.

"I understand." I tell him when we pull away.

He moves towards the couch to pick up his coat. I open the door and walk to the kitchen with him right behind me.

"Cass...William!" Mom exclaims when we walk in. Clearly surprised to see him here. "I didn't know you were here."

"It was a sort of last minute decision." He tells her.

"Oh! Would you like some breakfast?" She asks.

"No. Thank you. I should be heading back." He smiles at her before turning to me and planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Bye buddy." I whisper as his lips touch my skin.

"See you tomorrow." He says, winking at me making me blush.

Mom moves to see him out. In the meanwhile I busy myself with warming leftover pasta for myself. I put some on the plate before putting it in the oven.

While I wait for it to warm mom returns. "Why didn't you tell me?! It was so embarrassing to be wearing pyjamas!"

I take out the plate and take out a fork, saying. "He's not that type of a guy, mom. He really doesn't care about what you wear."

I take a bite and moan as I swallow. I didn't realise I was this hungry till now. Mom leaves to change as I help myself to a second serving. I'm almost done eating when she returns.

"How did your date go?" I ask her.

She sets down her coffee mug. "Fine."

"Fine?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. "That's all you have to say about it? Come on! There must be more."

"Alright, fine! It was fun. Maybe the most fun thing I've done in the past five years." She sighs.

"So, it went well." I say.

This makes a smile spread across her face. "Yeah. It did."

I finish eating and then leave the kitchen to change. I take a shower and then change into one of William's shirts I brought with me and a pair of jeggings.