the hair's story (10)

I put on the dress and reach behind for the zipper. I push it up but I can't zip it up all the way. For a few minutes I just pace the room trying to zip it up but in the end I have to give up.

I start walking towards the large chest of drawers that hold my cosmetics when William steps into the room, running a hand through his ruffled hair.

"How bad does my hair look?" He asks me.

"It looks good in a natural way. Why are you so worked up about it?" I ask pulling open the first drawer.

He walks over to the floor length mirror next to me and tries flattening down his hair. "I'm worked up because Molly just met me on the stairs and she said that my hair makes me look like a poodle."

I start to laugh and in a couple of seconds I'm bent over to stop my stomach from hurting. When I straighten up, I find William staring at me with amusement.

"What?" I ask, still laughing.

"You do think that I look like a poodle." He states.

I force the laughter into a broad smile and say. "No, I don't. I still think it looks good and cute too."

I kiss his cheek before going back to choosing my makeup. I hear him try again and after a few minutes he groans. "I guess I'll just go take a shower."

I set out my things on the long table in front of the mirror and open a pouch when I suddenly say. "William?"

He stops the bathroom's door and turns back to me. "What?"

"Umm...I couldn't reach it, so can you please zip me up?" I ask him.

"Sure." He says with even wasting a second.

I turn around as he comes to stand behind me and sweeps my hair over one shoulder. His hand touches my back making a cold sensation spread through my body. Before I know it, he's done and kisses my cheek before going back to take his shower.

I force myself to forget about what just happened and focus on the task at hand. Like always I go with minimum makeup and I'm done in five minutes. I decide to move onto ironing my hair. I plug in the ironing rod and run a brush through my hair.

I'm done with all of them except the ones at the back which I can't reach when I see him come out in the mirror. He's wearing a suit and holding two ties.

"Which one?" He asks. I realize that they're both the same shade of pink as my dress.

I point towards the one which is plain pink silk. "That one."

As I turn back to fixing my eyeliner he stands behind me and puts on his tie. Once I see that he's done, I ask. "Can you do me a favor?"

He gives one final tug and the tie settles into place. "What do you want me to do now? Help with your earrings?"

I smile. "No. I can do that. I was wondering if you could iron the hair at the back since I can't reach it." I point at the few strands of hair left.

"I can do that but I've never done it before in my life." He tells me.

"Seriously? Ashley seemed like..." He stops me. "Can we please not talk about the devil?"

I nod. "I'll be glad not to."

He picks up the ironing rod as I turn around.

"Take some in your hand and then run the rod over them. It's just like ironing clothes." I instruct.

"I've never done that either." He says.

I look at his reflection in disbelief. "Seriously?"

He shakes his head as he smiles and does as I hold him to. As he irons them, I twirl some of my hair around my finger. After a few minutes I happen to look at us in the mirror and a smile spreads across my lips.