Where are you two? (43)

I ascend the stairs leading up to the entrance of the palace. As soon I step inside I shrug off my coat and hand it to a waiting housemaid.

I throw open the living room doors and walk in, just in time to see Harrison and Anna spring apart.

"I'll see you later then." Harrison tells her, before I can say anything to either of them and he leaves us alone.

We both stand there for a few seconds. Anna staring at her feet and me at the ceiling. Finally, I say.

"I interrupted. Sorry." I say, looking at her.

She's as red as a tomato. "No! You don't have to apologize. You have nothing to apologize for."

"I know. But still..." I trail off and she understands what I mean.

"It's no big deal." She says, shaking her head.

"Alright. I just thought that William might be here but he isn't." I look around the room. "Do you know where he is?"

She shakes her head. "I don't know. You should check your room."

"Thanks." I say, heading towards the door and just before leaving the room I call back. "Sorry again!"

"Shut up!" I hear her shout after me, making me smirk as I walk towards the stairs.

Finally reaching the bedroom's door I push it open and step in only to find it empty too. I sigh and walk to the closet to find something more comfortable to wear. Thankfully, now that my pregnancy's over and I've lost my protruding tummy, I can wear my clothes again.

I change into a forest green polo shirt and a pair of jeggings before slipping my feet into a pair of black loafers and leaving the room.

Just as I'm closing the door I hear someone cough, making me jump and spin around.

"Oh, hi! I didn't mean to startle you." Helen says, smiling.

I exhale, saying. "That's okay. But what're you doing here? I thought you were heading home."

"I was but I needed to pick up a few papers from my office." She replies.

"Oh!" I nod in understanding.

She shifts the folder she's holding. "How did the seminar go?"

"It was interesting, hearing all those different girl's life stories. It was definitely something I'd never done before." I reply.

"That's good." She smiles at me. "I'd better get going, Sarah's waiting for me."

"Of course." I reply. Just as she starts to walk away, I ask. "Do you know where I might find William?"

She shakes her head. "They were in the living room when I got here but then she started crying and he left."

I sigh. "Now, I'll have to look all over the place."

"See you tomorrow then." She says, walking away.

And with this I resume my search for my missing husband and daughter. I start with the kitchens and check all the rooms, including all balconies. I even ask a guard to check the lawns but he returns five minutes later to tell me that they're not outside.

"Where are you two?" I mutter to myself. It seems as if the three of us are playing hide and seek.

I slump down in an armchair on the third floor, right across from a large window which shows the night sky above one of the lawns. The housemaid whom I asked to get me a glass of water appears and hands me the glass before leaving.

I take a sip before running a hand through my hair and racking my brain, trying to think of someplace I haven't checked and then it strikes me.

I set the glass on the coffee table next to the armchair and stand up, straightening my shirt and heading towards the stairs that lead to the fourth floor.

I finally reach the narrow staircase that William and I ascended to get to the star observatory on our first date. We've been up here a few times since then but not in the last few months.

--------------------------

The moment I step under the dome my heart melts and a smile spreads across my face. It seems as if my heart if going to burst with happiness.

William is wearing a black t-shirt with jeans and Rose dressed in a baby pink jumper is in his arms. He's sitting cross legged on the floor, his back resting against the bench in the center. He's facing away from me, so he can't see me.

William merges into the clear the night sky which is so clear from up here and Rose is like a little star. Looking at them reminds me of what Will said to me when we came here on our first date.

Two beautiful things shouldn't be kept apart.

Smiling like crazy I walk towards them. William senses me behind them and turns around to look at me.

"Hi." I say, sitting down next to him, not wanting to wake her up.

But just as William shifts a little to make room for me, she opens her eyes and looks up at us. Her eyes are the same shade of blue as her father's.

I take her from him and settle her in my arms. William puts an arm around my shoulders as we both look down at our daughter who's staring up at us.

"What brought you up here?" I finally ask, looking at him.

He tightens his arm around me so that he's holding me to his side. "I just wanted to show her the place of our first date."

I smile at him. "Shouldn't you have waited a few more years?"

"I can always just bring her up again every time she wants to." He replies, smiling back.

Suddenly, all of a sudden out of nowhere I get reminded and I blurt out. "We never even got to celebrate your birthday!"

"What?" He asks, looking surprised.

"We never celebrated your birthday." I repeat.

He laughs, shaking his head. "We were really busy that day."

"What do you...?" I trail of but then I realize what he means. "Oh! It's the day..." Yet, I trail off again.

"What now?" He asks.

"You and Rose share the same birthday!" I exclaim, kissing him on the cheek. "10th September. Why didn't I see it before?"

He kisses my forehead before tickling Rose's neck, making her squirm in my arms. "You were a little too occupied."

"This is so amazing." I say, lifting her up and kissing her cheek.

My husband and daughter share the same birthday!

Here's the update of the week! :)

The Royal & the Housemaid had fifty five chapters, but I'm not sure how many this story will have. As far as I know for now, there are going to be fifty chapters which means only seven chapters are left. But this is something I'm not sure about as yet, I just wanted you all to know.

So, Cassiam is happy again and most of you are too :)

This chapter has a reference from The Royal & The Housemaid. If you want to read it for yourself, then it's chapter 50. But if you don't want to but have a question in mind then do ask me, I'll be more than happy to answer it :)

Also, suggestions for the playlist please! Just a reminder that the playlist is going to be a chapter at the end of the story with a list of songs recommended by you all.

Read, Vote & Comment!

~