not one but two! (20)

A cool breeze ruffles my hair making me shiver and wrap the covers tighter around myself. After a few minutes of restlessness I am forced to throw them off and sit up to find the balcony doors open. I rub my eyes as I sleepily walk into the sunlight.

"Morning sleeping beauty." William greets me folding the newspaper and setting down his tea cup.

I yawn. "Morning."

Now that I'm fully awake do I realize that my shirt is pushed up over my little bump. I pull it down but the shape is still visible. Thanks to it being the middle of my third month.

I sit down on a chair next to William. He takes my hand and rubs it as he continues reading his paper while I squint in the sun and look up at the sky.

"You have an appointment with Dr. Maria, remember?" He says all of a sudden.

"Shit! I'd forgotten all about it." I smack my forehead. "What time is the appointment?"

William pulls back his coat's sleeve to reveal his Rolex. "The appointment is at twelve and its nine o'clock right now."

I nod my head. "Alright."

"I have a meeting in an hour. But it'll be over by the time and I'll meet you at the hospital." He tells me.

This surprises me. "You're going with me?"

"Yeah. Is there something wrong with that?" He looks at me with an eyebrow raised in question.

I shake my head. "It's just that you're really busy these days with the project just launched and all those industrial meetings. Are you sure that you can make time for it because I'd understand if you can't make it. Just don't bound yourself for such a small thing."

He rests his arms on his knees and leans forward before tilting his head towards me to look at me.

"If I didn't have time I'd tell you but I've made time and I want to do this because if I don't have time for my own family then what's the point of having one?"

This makes me smile and kiss his cheek before going back in to get ready for the day. I'm still in the shower when I hear a knock on the door and then William's muffled voice calls out "I'm leaving!" I say goodbye from within the shower and moments later I hear the bedroom's door close.

In half an hour, I've taken a shower, changed clothes and am eating breakfast. I've gotten used to Helen arriving during this time to tell me my work for the day.

But today I say. "Helen, I have to go somewhere with William today. So I don't think I can get much work done."

"Oh! That's fine with me." She tells me.

She leaves and I go back to drinking my orange juice. I've drank two glasses when she hurries back in and asks. "Can I get the day off if you're going to be busy?"

"Sure." I tell her and she leaves again.

-----------------------

At exactly twelve o'clock I stop the car outside the hospital and step out to find William and his escort car waiting for me.

Seeing me get out William walks over, saying. "Right on time."

"I am." I reply as we start walking towards the entrance.

A sudden thought strikes me. "What did you tell the guards we're here for?"

"They don't need to know anything but as far as I let slip was that I'm here for a checkup and you're here because we're going out for lunch together after it, which we are." He explains.