finishing what was started (16)

I can't believe that I'm already one month along! Time flew by so quickly that I can't believe it's actually happening. I still haven't even got a little bump which Maria assured me is nothing to worry about because this how it is for everyone.

I stand waiting at the foot of the stairs for William. After a really long time I woke up today to his arms wrapped around me. I left him sleeping and got changed. But when he woke up and realized that he has slept in, he freaked out.

"Your highness, isn't Sir William here yet?" A butler asks appearing in front of me.

"No, he isn't. He's kind of running late." I reply in my "formal" voice.

He moves forward holding out Will's laptop bag. "Sir is going to be driving with his father today and his bag was in his own car so could you please pass it onto him?"

I take the bag from him. "Yes, I will. Thank you."

After pacing around for a few more minutes I hear a door slam. The palace is so huge that I hardly ever hear a door slamming and considering that fact that our room is on the third floor it shocks me even more.

"How hard did you slam the door? Even I heard it." I tell William as he hurries down the stairs putting on his coat.

"I did?" He asks, surprised.

I smile and nod. "You did, buddy."

He groans. "Buddy? I thought you'd forgotten about that."

I laugh. "No, I didn't. Buddy."

He laughs with me but stops all of a sudden making me frown. "What's wrong?"

"Why're you holding my laptop?" He asks in a serious tone.

"I was supposed to give it you. Why? Is a wife holding her husband's laptop bag a crime now?" I joke.

He leans forward and whispers in my ear. "It is if the wife is pregnant."

I sigh as he kisses my forehead and takes the bag from my hand. He swings it onto his shoulder and then pulls me into a hug.

He kisses my head. "I don't want you to exhaust yourself or carry heavy objects."

"Laptops counts as heavy?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

He tickle my neck making me shriek and move away. "You know what I mean. No matter how stupid my argument sounds but I still don't want either of you getting hurt."

"Who's hurt?" The king's voice demands from behind me. I turn around to face him.

"No one." William replies heading for the door. He still hasn't forgiven his father for what he said that day when we found out that Molly would be visiting.

He turns around at the door realizing that he didn't say good bye and waves at me. I mouth 'bye' as he steps out.

"I don't know what's gotten into him." Ronald says placing his hands on his hips.

I take a deep breath. "Maybe he wants you to look at things from his point of view."

"What things?" He asks.

"Umm...That argument that you two had a couple of weeks ago about your sister." I try my best to explain.

Realization hits him. "Oh that. Is that what he's so mad at me about?"

I nod my head. "Yes."

He starts to follow his son but he too turns around at the door. "Thank you for telling me." I just smile at him as he turns around.