Chapter 7: Mirroring Each Other's Highs

The soft hum of conversation and the rich aroma of coffee filled the air as Severin and Serena sat across from each other in a cozy café.

It was a quiet corner of Los Angeles, far removed from the chaos of the F1 paddock and Hollywood sets. The warm glow of the afternoon sun filtered through the windows, casting a golden hue over their table.

Serena stirred her coffee, her thoughts spinning as she tried to find the right words. She glanced up at Severin, who was casually leaning back in his chair, his sharp eyes scanning the room before settling on her.

There was an easy confidence about him, the kind that made it hard to look away.

But beneath that composed exterior, Severin was quietly observing the small details—how Serena's fingers tapped the edge of her cup when she was thinking, how her eyes brightened when she talked about something she was passionate about.

"So, you really flew all the way here just to figure things out?" Serena asked, her voice tinged with disbelief.

Severin's lips curled into a smirk, a playful glint in his eyes.

"What can I say? I've always been one to chase down solutions."

Serena laughed softly, shaking her head.

"Well, I'm flattered... I think?"

The corners of Severin's smile deepened slightly, but his gaze remained steady, almost serious.

"Sometimes, a gut feeling is all you need to know something's important."

Serena's heart skipped a beat. She wasn't used to someone like Severin—a man so composed, so seemingly in control—giving weight to something as elusive as a 'connection.'

It made her wonder if there was more to him beneath that cool exterior.

"I hope we're really right." she said, her voice softening.

"I've got a big opportunity coming up—an audition for 'Bridgerton.' If I land it, it could be a game-changer for me. Mainstream recognition, bigger roles, maybe even some awards." she continued.

Severin nodded, genuinely interested.

"Bridgerton, huh? That's a pretty big deal. It sounds like you're on the brink of something huge."

Serena bit her lip, her insecurities creeping in.

"Yeah, but it's also terrifying. What if I'm not what they're looking for? What if I mess it up?"

Severin studied her for a moment, his gaze steady and thoughtful.

"You've made it this far. That says something. And if they can't see what you bring to the table, then they're the ones missing out."

Serena blinked, surprised by his confidence in her.

"You make it sound all so easy."

He shrugged, a small, almost vulnerable smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"It's not easy. But if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to make it happen."

There was a pause, the weight of his words settling between them. Serena found herself feeling both reassured and slightly awed by the depth of his insight.

As they finished their coffee, Severin glanced at his watch, a small frown creasing his brow.

"I wish I could stay longer, but I've got to get back to the UK for strategy meetings. There's always more work to be done."

Serena nodded, trying to ignore the slight pang of disappointment.

"I get it. F1 never stops, right?"