Chapter 8: Under the Skies of Silverstone

The gray skies of London greeted Serena as she stepped out of Heathrow Airport, the crisp breeze a stark contrast to the sun-soaked streets of Los Angeles.

The city's ancient charm held a certain allure, but the weight of her new role in Bridgerton pressed heavily on her shoulders. London was a world apart from Hollywood, and Serena was still adjusting to the shift in pace and atmosphere.

She had relocated to the UK for the next few months to focus on filming, leaving behind the whirlwind of LA. Though her role in Marvel was significant, it was more of a supporting one, meaning only occasional trips back to the States for reshoots.

Bridgerton was now her primary focus—a role that promised to catapult her into the mainstream spotlight. The thought was thrilling, but also terrifying.

Serena's first few days in London were a blur of chemistry tests, costume fittings, and press conferences. One day stood out in particular—the day she met her co-star, James Holloway.

James was every bit the British heartthrob: tall, charming, and effortlessly likable. At 6'0" ft, he towered over Serena, but his easygoing nature quickly put her at ease.

Their chemistry test went smoothly, the production team pleased with the dynamic they created on screen. It wasn't long before they were in front of cameras together at a press conference, fielding questions from reporters.

"Serena, how does it feel to join a show as popular as Bridgerton?" one reporter asked, thrusting a microphone toward her.

Serena took a breath, nerves bubbling just below the surface.

"It's an honor, really. The show has such a dedicated fan base, and I'm excited to bring a new perspective to it. I just hope I can do justice to the character."

James, standing beside her, flashed a grin.

"She's being modest. She's a natural."

Serena managed a smile, grateful for James' support even as the attention felt overwhelming.

The press conference was a success, but it only heightened her awareness of the immense pressure she was under.

Despite the demanding schedule, Serena found an unexpected benefit in filming in London: she was now able to attend more of Severin's races during the European leg of the F1 season.

The timing was perfect—she could immerse herself in Bridgerton during the week and spend weekends at the tracks, supporting Severin. Their connection, still undefined, deepened with each encounter.

The morning of the Silverstone Grand Prix dawned with the kind of unpredictable weather that the British circuit was infamous for.

The sky was a patchwork of clouds, some dark and heavy with rain, others letting through brief glimpses of sunlight. The air was charged with anticipation, both in the paddock and in the grandstands packed with fervent fans.

In the Williams garage, Serena stood alongside Isla Chen, who was there to support her boyfriend Caleb, Severin's teammate.

"So, how are you finding London?" Isla asked, her tone casual as they watched the mechanics work on the cars.

"It's different," Serena admitted.

"But in a good way. I'm still getting used to the pace. It's a lot more... grounded compared to LA." she continued.

Isla nodded, a knowing smile on her lips.

"You'll get the hang of it. And you're going to kill it in Bridgerton. It's exciting to see more Asian representation on such a huge platform."