Chapter 22: A Confession

When they finally pulled apart, both were breathless, their foreheads resting together as they tried to steady themselves. The silence between them was heavy with unspoken words, laden with the weight of what had just transpired.

Severin's hand remained tangled in her hair, his thumb gently brushing her cheek as he looked down at her. His eyes were dark, filled with a mixture of desire, fear, and something deeper—something that made Serena's heart tighten.

"This isn't fake. It never was." he whispered, his voice hoarse with emotion.

Serena stared up at him, her chest rising and falling rapidly as she struggled to process his words and the reality of what had just happened. She was still angry, still confused, but the intensity in his gaze, the tenderness in his touch, made her question everything she thought she knew.

Their initial kiss had ignited all the pent-up anger, frustration, and desire between them, setting off a fire that couldn't be contained. The narrow hallway of Serena's apartment felt too small to hold the intensity of their emotions.

Severin's hands gripped her waist, pulling her flush against him as their kiss deepened, their breaths mingling in the heated exchange. The tension in his body was unmistakable, and Serena couldn't focus on anything other than the feel of his lips on hers.

His anger still simmered beneath the surface, but it was driven by something deeper—an overwhelming need for her, frustration that she didn't understand how much he had wanted her all along.

His hands moved possessively over her body, slipping under the hem of her camisole, his fingers grazing her bare skin. The touch sent shivers down Serena's spine, drawing a gasp from her lips. He seized the moment, deepening the kiss with a hunger that matched her own.

"You don't get it, do you?" Severin growled against her lips, his voice rough with a mix of frustration and desire.

"I've wanted you for so long, Serena, and it's been driving me insane."

His hands roamed up to her breasts, cupping them through her camisole, his thumbs brushing over her hardened nipples. Serena gasped at the sensation, the heat pooling in her belly as she felt the roughness of his touch, the intensity of his desire.

She had always been drawn to Severin, always found him impossibly attractive, but this—this raw, unfiltered need—was something else entirely. She couldn't resist it, couldn't resist him.

Her hands trembled as she reached for his shirt, tugging it over his head with a sense of urgency. As her fingers traced the hard lines of his chest, Severin's hands slid down to her hips, pulling her closer against him. The feel of his bare skin against hers, the way his muscles tensed under her touch, only fueled her desire.

"Sev..." she whispered, desire clearly etched into her voice.

Their movements became more frantic, more desperate, as the heat between them intensified. Severin's hands gripped her thighs, lifting her effortlessly as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

Their lips never parted, the kiss growing more fevered as he carried her through the hallway, maneuvering them toward the bedroom.

Once inside, Severin kicked the door shut behind them, his focus entirely on the woman in his arms. He laid her down on the bed, hovering over her for just a moment as he took in the sight of her—her chest heaving, her eyes dark with desire, her body trembling with anticipation. But then the need to claim her overpowered everything else.

He leaned down, capturing her lips in a fierce kiss as his hands slid up her sides, slipping under her camisole until he could pull it over her head and toss it aside. His lips immediately found her neck, trailing hot, open-mouthed kisses down to her collarbone, then lower still to the swell of her breasts.