Chapter 6: An Impulsive Visit

The noise of the city below was a distant hum, but Severin's thoughts were far louder, echoing with memories of his father, Miguel Rossi—a man whose legacy loomed large over his life.

Miguel had been a titan in the world of rally racing, a World Rally Champion who commanded respect on and off the track.

Severin's childhood had been filled with the smell of gasoline and the roar of engines, but also with the pressure of living up to a name that carried so much weight.

He had chosen Formula 1 to carve his own path, but the shadow of his father's accomplishments was never far behind.

Severin remembered being a young boy, watching his father with wide-eyed admiration as he maneuvered his rally car with unmatched skill.

He remembered the pride, but also the fear—the fear of not measuring up, of being constantly compared. The pressure to live up to his father's legacy had always been a silent, looming presence, shaping Severin's every decision.

As he grew older, that fear became a driving force, pushing him to excel, to be relentless in his pursuit of victory.

But with it came the burden of his father's critique—a critique that was never cruel, but always cuttingly honest.

Miguel had always been clear: he didn't believe in coddling Severin.

"The world will praise you for even the smallest achievement. But that's not how you grow. You need to be better, always." Miguel would say, his voice firm but warm.

It was this philosophy that had shaped Severin into the driver he was today, but it also meant that praise from his father was rare.

Even after a victory, Miguel would point out the weaknesses, the areas to improve.

Severin had learned to accept it, understanding that his father's words came from a place of love, even if they stung.

But now, with everything that was happening between him and Serena, Severin wondered if he could ever live up to the expectations his father had set for him—both on and off the track.

The sound of his phone ringing pulled him from his thoughts. It was Miguel.

"Papa." Severin greeted, his tone steady.

"Severin. I watched the race. P13 isn't good enough." Miguel's voice was as authoritative as ever.

"I know..." Severin replied, the familiar tension creeping into his chest.

"The tires were shot, and the car wasn't balanced—" he continued.

"No excuses. You've driven through worse. You've won in worse conditions. What happened out there?" Miguel interrupted, his tone sharp.

Severin hesitated, struggling to put his thoughts into words. The truth was, he didn't fully understand it himself.

How could he explain that everything just felt off without Serena? That her absence seemed to strip away some of the confidence he'd been building?

"Distractions are part of life. But you need to control them, not let them control you. You're better than this, Severin. Don't let anything—anyone—derail you." Miguel said, his voice softening slightly.

"I won't." Severin said, though doubt still gnawed at him.

"Good. Then focus. The season isn't over yet. You're still in the fight."

As the call ended, Severin felt the familiar weight of his father's expectations. He needed to clear his head, to understand what was happening to him.