Chapter 31: Comfort

Serena met his gaze, her resolve clear. She took a deep breath, then reached out and placed her hand on his chest, right over his heart. 

"I'm sure, Sev. Whatever you need, I'm here."

That was all the permission Severin needed. In an instant, the tension that had been coiled inside him snapped, and he grabbed Serena, pulling her close. 

His lips crashed against hers, the kiss rough and desperate, filled with the need to claim, to possess, to feel something other than the pain that had been eating away at him.

When he pulled away, Severin's eyes darkened with a mix of anger and desire, the emotions of the day bubbling to the surface as he looked at Serena. 

Without a word, he grabbed her wrist, pulling her toward the bathroom with a force that made her stumble slightly, but she didn't resist. The door slammed shut behind them, the sound echoing in the small space as he flicked on the shower, the water immediately pouring down with a fierce hiss.

"You said you love me." he muttered, his voice rough, almost accusing, as he began to strip her clothes off with an urgency that bordered on aggressive. 

"Now you're going to prove it."

His hands were on her in an instant, yanking off her clothes with no regard for the fabric. There was no gentleness in his movements—only the raw need to feel her skin against his, to take control of everything that had spiraled out of it. His breath was heavy, ragged, as he took in the sight of her bare body, exposed and vulnerable under his intense gaze.

"Look at you. Serena, you don't get to walk away from me after everything you've done." he growled, his voice laced with a dangerous edge. 

Before she could respond, he had her pinned against the cold, tiled wall, the shock of the temperature making her gasp. 

His lips crashed against hers, the kiss bruising and demanding, as if he were trying to claim every part of her. His hands roamed over her wet skin, rough and urgent, squeezing, gripping, his fingers digging into her flesh as if he couldn't get enough.

"You think you can just walk back into my life and make everything better?" he rasped against her mouth, his breath hot on her skin. 

"You think a few words will fix what you've done?"

Serena shivered under the intensity of his touch, the anger rolling off him in waves. Yet beneath that anger, she could feel the raw need that drove him—the desperate need to release everything he'd been holding inside. 

And she wanted it—needed it—just as much as he did.

"Ah, Sev..." she whispered, her voice trembling as she clawed at his back, trying to match his intensity. 

"You don't get to run from me. Not now, not ever." he growled, his teeth grazing her neck, leaving a trail of red marks on her skin. 

He moved his hand between her thighs, his touch rough, almost punishing, as he found her most sensitive spot. His fingers worked her over with a relentless rhythm, rubbing and pressing, drawing out a moan from deep within her. 

But he didn't give her the release she craved—not yet. He wanted to push her, make her beg for it.

"You feel that? That's how much I need you, Serena. How much I want you." he muttered against her ear, his voice thick with desire as his fingers continued their rough, relentless assault.

She gasped, her body arching into his touch, desperate for more. 

"Sev... please." she whimpered, her voice breaking as she tried to press herself closer to him, needing more, needing him.