Handsome

The day finally came to an end. I was back home, by myself. Nomi was sleeping at the dorms tonight. The boys didn't ask further questions after I explained briefly what happened between me and DK. But I didn't take the time to answer his texts, so I laid down on my bed and took my phone :

Dokyeom SVT

DK : Hi there !

DK : I just wanted to tell u I was enchanted to meet u

DK : And glad u came to see us, your smile gave me strength 😉

Me : I can't believe Nomi gave u my number

Me : Ur stage was amazing ! I'm glad you convinced me to go

DK : U don't mind she gave me ur number, right ?

Me : Not at all ! I'm happy she did

DK : I just ...

DK : I want to know u better

Me : And I want to know u better

DK : Okay there, so tell me about u. How did u end up being a make-up artist ?

And so we talked. About my life, about his. About everything and anything. All night long. And it was natural. It actually felt good to talk to someone who could relate to my daily life problems, someone other than Stay Kids I mean. The following weeks passed by quickly. My daily life was the same as always, except now I was talking all day long with Seokmin (yeah, I learned his real name during one of those sleepless nights). It felt like we were bound to be friends. It was so natural, so nice. Maybe bumping into him was fate ? After a few days of talking, we decided to hang out together. At first, we would meet only at night. It was easier, there were fewer chances to get caught. One night, we went to eat ramyeon in the middle of the night, just because we felt like it. Another night, he woke me up around 2 AM, telling me he wanted to walk along Han's river. I put on a jacket over my pajamas and joined him. I don't know why, but each time he had a crazy idea, I would follow him blindly. There was something in him that made me trust him with my whole heart. After a time, we would go out on weekends outside the city. We would go to parks, because DK loved to take photos of nature, of the sky.

Friday, around 4 pm. I was at the practice studio, watching the boys train for a new performance. They were exhausted, so Lee Know suggested a break. Han crashed on the floor, followed by Minho and Changbin. Seung and Hyun came and sat next to me. They were soaked from training hard. I handed them a bottle of water and a towel, which they gladly accepted. I patted Seungmin's head : "Your dancing skills have improved Seung, it shows !". He gave me a thankful smile. I know he wasn't the type to speak his feelings, but I know he needed to hear that. I saw how hard he trained by himself to be a better dancer. Hyunjin nodded. "It's true, you did well.". Seungmin lowered his head, trying to hide the slight blush appearing on his face. My phone buzzed, and I smiled while taking it out of my pocket, already knowing who it was. Hyunjin, who was obviously peeking, frowned : "Handsome ? Who is the lucky man nicknamed like this ?". I laughed : "Seokmin. He took my phone and changed his name himself. ". I opened the text :

Handsome

Handsome : Hey you

Handsome : What are you doing tonight ?

Handsome : I would like to present u to the members.

Handsome : They r curious about u

Me : Why r they curious ? U talk about me all the time ? 😉

Handsome : Yes actually

I blushed. This boy was straightforward when it came to flirting. He didn't hide his feelings, and I kinda liked it.

Me : Stop u got me blushing rn

Handsome : Means I'm doing a great job. So... Is that a yes ?

Me : Yes Seok. I would love to meet the boys.

Handsome : YEAY !! Can't wait to see U !!!!

Handsome : DK is always talking bout u !!!!

Me : ... Which one is talking ?

Handsome : See u tonight love

I smiled at my phone. He wanted to present me to his friends. I was nervous, what if they didn't like me ? Why was I thinking about that ? After all, we were just friends... right ? Hyunjin gently pushed me with his shoulder : "You must be important to him if he wants to present you officially to his members. Are you two dating ?". I choked : "No, we're not !". Hyunjin smiled and winked. "Yet.". I pushed him away. "Go annoy someone else.". He laughed and did as I told him so : he went to I.N and forced a hug while messing with his hair. Seungmin looked at me : "He's right, though. He invited you to meet his closest friends, it's some serious shit. Quick question though: What are you going to say to Chan ?". I looked at him confused. He clarified : "It's Friday. Do I really have to remind you what you're usually doing on Friday night ?". I shut my eyes. "Shit. I forgot.". Seungmin stood up and patted my shoulder. "Good luck with that.". I sighed. I stood up as well and went to Bangchan. He was sitting on a piece of furniture, eyes glued on his phone. He looked like a kid rocking his legs back and forth, giggling as he watched TikTok edits from Stay. I sat next to him and put my head on his shoulders, looking at him in the mirror. "Chaaaaaaaaaaan.". "Sookiiiiiiii." he mimicked. I started playing with his sleeve. "About tonight...". Chan interrupted my confession: "Oh, you're gonna be happy, I bought some iced mocchis. Raspberry flavor, your favorite.". I closed my eyes and hid my face in his (well-defined) biceps. "You're not helping Channie...". He finally raised his head from his phone to look at me. "Why ? What's wrong ?". I stuttered, not wanting to look into his eyes : "I- I have something tonight, I won't be there for our Friday night.". "Oh...". I swear my heart broke when I heard the disappointment in his voice. I pleaded : "I am so sorry Chan, I promise you I will redeem myself by preparing all your favorite dishes next Friday.". 

I hugged him tightly, and I could feel his shoulders relaxing in my embrace. He smiled a little. "It's okay, Soo... What are your plans for the night ?". I looked down, feeling a bit guilty. "Dokyeom wants me to meet the guys.". Chan's jaw clenched a little, and his face turned into a cold mode. "You're spending the night with DK ?". I looked at him, a bit confused. "Yes... Does it bother you ?". Chan stood up. "Why would it bother me ? I already told you we're nothing but friends.". He clapped and summoned the guys. "Alright, everyone in position. End of the break.". I stood still, looking at Chan going back to rehearsal without sparing me a glare. Ouch. This one hurt. I understand he could be a bit upset about me ditching him tonight, but his reaction was disproportionate. He was harsh and hurtful for free. I stood up, took my stuff, and went out without a warning.