American Drama

2 months have passed by since the end of my relationship. During those two months, I learned a lot about myself. Something to know about the old me was that I hated being alone. It was pretty convenient because my friends didn't know the concept of personal space. I mean, who is surprised here ? Those guys are literally known for being the idols who go to the bathroom altogether. So I would always be with them at the dorm, or with Nomi at home, or more recently with my boyfriend. But the new me learned an important thing : being by myself was an awesome company. I now enjoyed my alone time. I would go to the gym, improve my cooking skills, or else sneak into the studio and dance for a few hours. I could understand guys like Minho or Seug better, who loved doing things by themselves.

But to be 100% honest, I was kind of forced to spend time alone. Why ? Well... Because people thought I was actually spending this time with someone else... Okay okay, I have to admit it : one tiny mini thing was preventing me from living my best life. I might or might not have hidden my break-up. So, technically speaking, almost everyone thought I was still dating Dokyeom. I know what you're gonna say : WHY ? HOW ? First of all, stop yelling at me, or else I'll tell Lee Know, and he will put you in the air-fryer ! Second, I didn't have much opportunity to tell the boys. And when an opportunity occurred, I had no idea how to explain it. Just imagine : "Why did you break up ? – Oh because I realized I still had feelings for Bangchan, aka your friend, aka your leader.". See ? That doesn't work. The crew had no choice but to keep the secret, and I felt bad for them, especially Nomi. She was in a delicate situation because of me, but she kept saying she didn't mind : "Changbin doesn't have to know everything about my friend's life. He knows everything about me and it's more than enough !".

Chan and I grew a bit closer in the past two months. With the upcoming release of their new single, he was pretty tense. So I did whatever I could to distract him, like staying the whole night at the dorm with him to make sure he had at least a few hours of sleep, or forcing him into coming with me to the arcade center so he could stop thinking about work. But he didn't complain, not even once. He knew that somehow he needed the distraction. And now that the single was released, it was time for the promotion. Stray Kids was about to spend a whole week in New York Shitty (blame Lee Know for that) to do many interviews and shoot a new movie clip. Nomi and I, plus the rest of the staff, flew to New York before the members. By chance, and probably because the managers were well aware of our friendship with the boys, we were staying on the same floor as the group. We were all paired in the hotel rooms : Han & Lee Know, Bangchan & Felix, I.N & Hyunjin, Seungmin & Changbin, and of course Nomi & I. We had to wait at least an hour before the members arrived at the hotel, so I took the opportunity to go to the gym (Call me Changbin #2).

After 2 hours of exercising, I was exhausted. I didn't even check my phone to see if the guys were there. All I thought about was the will to take a hot shower. I returned to the room in automatic mode, came in, and threw my phone on my bed. Since Nomi and I were roommates, the word intimacy didn't mean anything to us. That's why I didn't even look around and took off my t-shirt and my leggings, in sight of heading straight to the shower. "Wow, I thought we agreed on being just friends, Monkey. I told you already you were a bad kisser, no need to go further.". I jumped and yelled in fear. Seungmin was laughing his ass off, covering his eyes with his hands. I quickly grabbed the sheet to cover my *almost* naked body and threw a pillow at his face. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE SEUNG !".

The door opened as Bangchan came almost running, probably alarmed by my scream. He froze as he saw the scene in front of him. His eyes switched from me to his mate, and he frowned. "Okay, so first I learned that you two kissed, and now you're naked in front of him. Care to explain ?". I was blushing so hard, and the fact that I couldn't even hide my face because I couldn't let go of the sheet was worsening it. "This is not what it looks like ! I was just undressing to go to the shower, but I had no idea Seungmin was here ! What are you doing in MY room, you perverted idiot ?!" I yelled, pointing at my stupid best friend, who was stupidly smiling. He was probably enjoying this so much. He held his hands in surrender : "Hey hey hey ! I didn't ask you to undress yourself in front of me, YOU did ! Now, who's the pervert ?". His cocky face was driving me crazy. "I swear I'm gonna end you !" I threatened between my teeth as I made a move in his direction. Chan held me back by my arm. "Easy tiger. I'll decide if he has the right to live after he explains what he's doing in your room.". I glanced at him. He looked half-amused, half-tensed. His jaw was clenched, and his grip on my arm was firm, but he was slightly smiling. Seungmin explained : "I'm not doing anything wrong because this is also MY room.". Both of us looked at him with a confused face. He looked at his phone, taking his time to annoy us, enjoying the suspense. Finally, he decided to give us all the information : "Nomi and Changbin practically begged me to exchange our room so they could be together. And being the absolutely awesome, kind, and amazing person I am, I accepted. So this isn't YOUR room, but OUR room Monkey.".

Chan sighed and let go of my arm, while I silently insulted my favorite couple for doing me this dirty. "They could have at least told me !" I mumbled. Seungmin shrugged, his eyes on his phone : "They did. They sent you a text. But you were too busy trying to seduce me to read it.". That was it. I took everything I had close to hand and threw it at him. He jumped out of his bed to hide behind it, laughing. Bangchan stopped me, not after letting me throw a shoe : "Enough, I don't plan on going to the hospital tonight. Go take your shower.". He gently pushed me, I sighed in defeat and went straight to the bathroom. Chan called me : "Oh and Soo !". I turned, waiting for him to continue. "Call me if you need help.". He winked jokingly, and I swear I became as red as a tomato. "I hate you both.".