Chapter 10

I've been sitting on the couch, in the same position, for an hour and still have half a glass of orange juice.

I hear the front door open. It's only 2:00 pm, my mom or either one of my siblings wouldn't be home. That is unless something bad happened.

"Anika!" I hear my mom call me and fear just races through me.

'Oh no, something happened to dad' I think to myself.

"In the living room, mom" I shout so she can hear me. She probably started to go to my room cause I heard footsteps upstairs.

"Okay good." She says

"Mom did something happen to dad? And if so just tell me" I say with a bit of fear and nervousness in my voice.

"What? No, not at all" she says.

I give a sigh of relief.

"Than why are you home so early, you usually get home around 4:00-4:30?" I ask

"Ander told me that you two finished way earlier than usual. What's going on?" She asks

I just sit there for a minute and take a sip of orange juice.

"I couldn't concentrate today. I can't concentrate because of dad, I know he is very skilled and all, but he has never had to fight against AT-AT's before" I say

"Oh Anika, you know Captain Rex would call if anything happened to your dad or Obi-Wan" she says "there is nothing to be nervous about, so just relax"

"Okay, I'll try" I say

"Good, now Candra is coming over because she says she hasn't seen you in a while" she says

Candra is my best friend, she has been since we were 5. Lately we haven't seen each other because we are both training to become Jedi and don't really have time to talk and see each other.

"Oh yay! I would love to see her. What time will she be here?" I ask

"6:00 pm" she says

"Okay than" I say.

AT 6:00 PM

"Oh Candra, it's been to long!" I say as she walks through the door.

"I know Anika! Way to long" she says

Candra has long jet black hair and green eyes. She is like three inches taller than me (5'6) and she has tanned skin where I am fair skinned.

We make our up to my room. We sit on my bed and just start to catch up.

"Oh I almost forgot to tell you" I start to say "Ander and I are dating"

She screams at the top of her lungs. I swear I think she just burst my eardrums.

"OMG! He is a good match for you!" She says, obviously excited.

"I know right!" I say

We spend an hour talking. I start to get a call on my communicator and I take it into a corner.

It's Commander Cody. He is the one who always tells us when they are coming home.

"So commander when are they coming home?" I ask

I hear his response.

"What?" Is all I can say.

****

Okay, I know another cliffhanger you'll have to forgive me.

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! It was rather interesting to write because I wanted to do something with making a best friend for Anika.

I'm actually watching Star Wars as I'm writing this. Episode I the Phantom Menace

Please,
Comment!!
Vote!!

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars I just love the series