Chapter 72

Please support me on Patreon or Kofi!

Months went by, and Aeliana was standing in front of the mirror. She had cut her long white hair short, the same length she had when she was young. She brushed her bangs, which rested just by her brows and gazed at her reflection through the full-body mirror.

She was wearing a white collared shirt that had the Luderth Academy's emblem logo on the left chest, with a sage green bow, and a pleated skirt that rested to her knees, the same colour. Her blazer was also in the same colour and had the same emblem embroidered into it. It had gold trimmings on the edges, creating a sophisticated appearance.

Aeliana stared at herself before heaving a nervous sigh. She had been able to get a spot in the academy, though she wasn't the smartest in her batch. She didn't mind that; in fact, she was rather relieved she even got a spot in such a ruthless environment.

Staring at her sage green bow, she noticed that it was entirely different from the colour of the ties her brothers all had. Leon previously had red, while Claud had purple, and the twins had blue. Each tie represented the year they were in, and the colours would be reused once the graduating batch of students left.

A knock on her door echoed before Leon walked inside. Although Aeliana grew taller, she was no match for him. She craned her neck to the max and stared at her brother.

"The uniform fits you perfectly." he commented, nodding his head, his expression serious.

Aeliana did a quick twirl and nodded, "Yes, the tailor did a very good job."

"Are you nervous?" Leon asked.

She hummed, tapping her foot lightly, "Of course, I will be living at the dorms from now until I graduate and I have to study even harder than before."

"You'll do fine. Once you have a goal, you always stick to it."

Aeliana chuckled, unable to refute his observations. Her expression turned sombre as she muttered, "You'll be alone now since I'm leaving."

His serious expression broke as a smile appeared on his face. He reached out and patted her head carefully so as not to ruin her hair that had been accessorised with a clip or two.

"Don't worry about me. I will be fine, father is still here remember?"

She sighed and moved away from his hand as she said, "Yeah but he's still in a comatose for the past two years."

Leon exhaled through his nose quietly before pinching her cheek, wiggling it around, "It's fine. Focus on your studies and make new friends. Lady Violetta and Princess Daphne will be there too so spend your days wisely."

She whined a bit as she nodded. He removed his hold on her cheek and added, "The duchy will always be here, so when it's the holidays, come back home okay?"

She stared at him before smiling, "Okay, I'll write to you when I can."

Leon chuckled, "I look forward to your letters."

***

'That being said...' Aeliana gulped as her carriage went through the gates, heading towards the dorm she will now be living in until she graduates.

As she dragged her luggage together with her, she passed by a few students in the same uniform as her. They were chatting and laughing as they walked past. Aeliana stared at them for a brief while before heading to her designated dorm room.

"They said Room 530..." she muttered to herself before finding it not long later.

She took in a deep breath and knocked on the door before hearing a voice, "Coming!"