Chapter 66

Please support me on Patreon or Kofi!

Aeliana woke up early the next day and got ready as Leon had told her to the day before. She thought she wouldn't be able to have a good night's rest, assuming nightmares would flood her sleep, but once her head touched the soft pillow, fatigue washed over her and she instantly knocked out for hours.

She got dressed in a simple light blue dress and headed outside the hotel. As she stepped out, she heard a low middle-range voice greeting her.

"Good morning, Lady Aeliana."

Astonished, she whipped her head towards the sound of the voice. She blinked before speaking with surprise laced in her voice,

"Your Highness?"

"Wow! You still remembered me." Andreas chuckled, a smile forming on his face.

Aeliana nearly closed her eyes on reflex due to how blinding he was. She rubbed her eyes and asked him a question,

"Why is Your Highness here?"

Andreas was about to answer when another voice interrupted them, "I called for him."

Leon walked over, standing next to Andreas who smiled and patted him on the shoulder.

"That's right, your brother has sought help from me."

"Sought help..? What does he mean by that, brother?"

Leon pinched the skin between his brows and responded in a forced manner, "I...asked His Highness for...help."

Her mouth nearly dropped down to the ground, "R–really?"

Andreas barged in and nodded, "Yes, it's true. When I heard him ask for help from me through the communicator, I was shell-shocked too! I never thought I would see a day that Leon Alston would request help from me."

"This is the first and final time I will be asking for help." Leon coldly added, looking away in annoyance.

Aeliana was about to ask what it was that he needed help from the crown prince but when she saw a bunch of mages including Jacob, she instantly knew why. She turned to Leon, her eyes widened.

"You...you asked His Highness to let us use teleportation..? The Emperor allowed it..?"

Leon cleared his throat and nodded, "This is the only transportation that immediately allows you and Father to return back to the dukedom within hours but if it makes you feel sic—"

His sentence trailed off as Aeliana rushed in and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly as she said with her whole heart, "Thank you..!"

Leon had a shocked expression on his face before it was overwritten with a calm expression. He hugged her back before saying,

"Take care of Father and everyone else while your brothers and I are gone. I will be back in Spring, so take care of yourself for the next few months. Don't overdo it."

"I will. Good luck finishing your studies and please help me tell the others good luck too."

"Mhm, alright."

She got onto the carriage with her father lying opposite her. As the coachmen closed the door shut, she craned her head out the window and waved to Leon.

"Brother...see you soon." Aeliana muttered, her eyes turning into crescents as she smiled at him.

Leon pressed his lips into a thin line before a small smile appeared on his face. He gave her a short nod before turning to the royal mages, signalling them to begin.

Aeliana pulled her head back and closed the window shut before she felt a large amount of mana being used. The scenery of the hotel quickly shifted into greenery. She heard a knock of the carriage door.

"My lady, we will soon teleport again in ten minutes. Please let us know if you feel sick from the sudden shakes and shifts in mana." Jacob spoke.

Aeliana nodded and withdrew the curtains. Her head rested against the headboard before her eyes fell on her father's comatose figure. She bent down and pressed a kiss on his forehead before returning to a sitting position.

It took a few hours to journey back to the dukedom with teleportation as they needed to recuperate their mana before using the spell once again. Aeliana didn't mind as she was already grateful for being able to use the spell to quickly return home within one day rather than a week.

Once they reached the duchy's gate, the head butler hurriedly ran over. He let out a pained gasp as he saw the state of her father.

"Y–your Grace.." the butler muttered with sadness underlying his tone.

"Xander, I understand your pain but right now we need to move him to his room." Aeliana spoke as she got down from the carriage.

She walked over to the royal mages who was thoroughly exhausted from using the spell multiple times. She bowed deeply as she said,

"From the bottom of my heart, thank you for helping my family and I. Please come inside and rest before returning."

The royal mages looked at her before they smiled.

"I'm glad to be of service."

"Yeah it was no problem, my lady!"

"It was tiring but glad we made it here quick."

Jacob approached her and said, "We merely followed orders, my lady."

She nodded and continued, "Still, please do come inside and rest."

He smiled, "Then pardon our intrusion."

Aeliana asked a few maids to escort them to a sitting room and prepare drinks and food for them before she headed inside, meeting back up with Xander, the head butler of the duchy.

"How is dad?" she asked as Xander closed the door to the master bedroom.

"My lady, I have changed his clothes into something more comfortable. So far, he is still in a stable state but still comatose. The head doctor will be checking on him from now on."

She nodded at his words before changing the topic, "Xander, please make sure word doesn't circulate too much so our citizens won't go into a panic."

Xander bowed, "Of course, I will see to it."

"Thank you and I know you are currently taking care of the workload but I will take some of it so it will lessen the burden."

Xander blinked and shook his head, "My lady it's quite alright! As the head butler of this mansion this sort of stuff isn't too bad—"

"I know I'm only a ten-year-old child but there must be some workload of my dad's that even I can do."

'I can use the knowledge I had in my first life to handle his work.'

Xander looked over at her before showing her a small smile. He kneeled on one knee and bowed his head.

"As Lord Leon and the other lords are absent, my lady is in charge of the final say. Your wish is my command."

"Xander...did my brother tell you that?"

He did not respond but she did not mind it. She simply nodded and turned her heel, heading towards her father's office.

"Then I will handle half of the workload. If anything, I will have to rely on you, Xander."

"Yes, my lady."

---

Author's Note: Hello! Thank you for 300K reads >< I truly appreciate every read, vote, and comment!! It means a lot to me to see people reading something I create and enjoy

I'm out of college now so been trying to find a job and...why is it so hard to find a job </3 I just want to be a full-time writer huhu (pls support me #desperate /j)

Besides that, thank you for reading and see you in the next chapter~ we are getting closer to a new part of Aeliana's life as well!

Bye bye!