Chapter 67

Please support me on Patreon or Kofi!

"Dad how long left until we reach?" Violetta asked, shaking her father's arm.

"We will be there soon, okay?" Oliver spoke, patting her on the back, comforting her.

"Dad aren't you worried after hearing what happened to His Grace? You two are really good friends too..."

He smiled at his daughter, not wanting to make her worry any further.

"It's okay darling, I'm fine. He's still alive just asleep."

Violetta pouted and shook her head, "Yeah but he's in a very deep sleep that he can't wake up from.."

Oliver couldn't say anything in return to her words and gazed outside, watching the scenery constantly change.

When they reached the duchy, Violetta immediately got off and hurried over to a servant.

"May I know where Eli is?"

"She is inside His Grace's office room."

"Thank you! Dad I'm going to see Eli first!"

"Okay be careful! Don't run in the hallways!" Oliver called back out before turning to Xander.

"Hello Xander, any updates on His Grace?"

He shook his head, "I'm afraid not, his condition is stable still but nothing has changed."

Oliver sighed and nodded, "I see. Then how is everything going? If there's anything, I can help out. Even if His Grace isn't present, I am still his right-hand man."

Xander chuckled, "Everything is going smoothly, Lord Silvanus. Lady Aeliana is helping out."

"She is? How?" Oliver questioned, confused.

After all, she was only ten this year, and he does not recall Cassian adding extra tutors for her. The only things she was learning currently were magic and etiquette. Xander's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"To be honest, I am not sure as well but she has been able to keep up with each document and even report back on it. The workload has lessened thanks to her help."

Oliver hummed and pondered to himself. He turned to Xander and smiled.

"Then I should head inside and check on her. Thank you, Xander."

***

"Eli!!" Violetta burst into the room.

Ever since she heard the news from her father, she has been worried sick about Aeliana. She knew how much she loved her family, so knowing this happened broke her heart.

"Eli, how are you feeling?" she asked worriedly as she walked closer to the desk.

Aeliana was sitting behind the desk with her head down as she continued writing. Violetta hesitated momentarily before reaching out, tapping her fingers on the desk, catching Aeliana's attention.

"Oh, Violet! I didn't know you were here. When did you arrive?" Aeliana said in surprise, placing down the pen and getting up from her seat.

As she walked over, Violetta spoke, "I only just arrived. I was really worried about you when I heard what happened from my dad!"

She took hold of Aeliana's hand and dragged her to sit down on the couch.

"I'm assuming you have not rested at least once today."

Aeliana averted her eyes at Violetta's remark and cleared her throat, "Thank you for visiting today. I really appreciate it Violet."

"I'm your friend, of course I would check up on you!"

Violetta leaned in and whispered, "Does Princess Daphne know about this?"

Aeliana chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, she immediately sent me a letter saying she would have personally visited me if it wasn't for her parents and brother stopping her."

"It couldn't be helped, she just started her studies in the academy."

Aeliana gave her another nod and then slowly got up from the couch. She glanced at her friend and spoke in a relaxed tone, "Well I gotta get back to work now."

"Work? Isn't the head butler doing it?"

"No I have been doing most of it."

"Eli...did the head butler make you do it?"

"What? Of course not Violet, I'm doing it because I want to."

Violetta furrowed her brows, "When have you ever learnt to do all of this kind of work?"

"I sometimes visit my dad and watch him do his work so I got the gist of things." she swiftly lied, with no trace of hesitation.

She pulled the chair out and sat down but just as she grabbed her pen, Violetta's hand came into view and snatched it away.

"You avoided my question just now. I have been friends with you since we were little, so I know you have not been resting at all!"

She then pointed at Aeliana, exclaiming, "And your eyebags are huge! I bet you have been sleeping for a few hours only."

Aeliana awkwardly looked away as she was caught red-handed by her friend. She reached out for the pen but Violetta took a few steps away before there was a knock on the door and Oliver walked in.

"Dad!" Violetta beamed, turning around and walking over to his side.

He ruffled her head before he turned to Aeliana. He slightly bowed and spoke, "I heard from Xander you have been taking care of everything."

She nodded, "Yes."

"If I may, could I see the reports and documents?"

Aeliana nodded and gestured towards the pile to her right, "Here are the ones that have been done. Feel free to check it for me, you know these things better than me."

Oliver walked over and picked one up, flipping through it carefully. His eyes darted left and right, scanning the whole paper before putting it down. His expression was serious with no hint of warmth.

"It was done neatly and clearly with no mistakes. Tell me, how are you able to do all of this? No less being ten years old this year."

She gazed up at Oliver without answering. A minute passed before she finally spoke,

"I learnt from my dad."

"From Cassian?"

"Yes, I was always curious about the things he did so I would come to him and ask him questions."

"But that doesn't—"

"I also observed him when he did things."

Oliver looked at her directly in the eye, but she didn't waver, staring back at him. He was the first to break eye contact. He heaved a short sigh.

"Your father would be thrilled and rejoice if he saw what you were doing. He would have called you a genius and throw a celebration party." Oliver chuckled, thinking about his old friend.

Aeliana looked down and nodded, "..Yeah."

"He would have."

Oliver looked at her and smiled. Reaching out, he patted her on the head, catching Aeliana off guard.

"I'm still here so if anything I can always lend a helping hand."

"I'm here too! I can't do much but I can give you support Eli!" Violetta butted in, raising her hands up.

Aeliana giggled and smiled, "Thank you.."

---

Author's Note: Been in a writing slump...