Chapter 68

Please support me on Patreon or Kofi!

As the atmosphere grew warm and gentle, there was a knock on a door.

"Come in," Aeliana said, bringing her gaze over to the door.

A maid walked in and bowed, "My lady, there is a guest waiting for you in the lounge room."

"A guest?" she raised an eyebrow.

She turned to Oliver and Violetta, and said, "I'm sorry, but I will be gone for a bit."

"It's alright, I will review the documents and sort them out." Oliver smiled.

"I'll wait here with my dad Eli!"

"Okay Violet, see you later then." Aeliana waved and headed towards the lounge room.

Walking in, she was stunned to see Zeru fidgeting around on the couch. When he noticed her presence, he jumped and hurried over to her side.

"Are you alright?!" he asked, holding her by the shoulders, and spinning her around to check for any injuries.

"I'm fine." She responded, gently pushing away his hands.

"I heard what happened to your father," he began. Aeliana merely nodded, gesturing him to sit back down on the couch as the maids poured a drink.

"He's alive," she started, holding up her teacup, "But he won't wake up."

Zeru furrowed his brows together, "Then...how's everything going?"

"Everything is fine. Once my first brother graduates, he will be taking over as Duke for the temporary time."

"Then...how about you?"

Aeliana raised an eyebrow at his question. With a smile, she responded, "I'm simply lending a hand around for the moment. Why? Are you worried about me?" she asked, to which he nodded.

"All of this must be taking a toll on you, isn't it?" he asked, a hint of concern laced in his voice.

She stared at him, blinking a couple of times before chuckling. He shot her a look, "What's so funny?"

She shook her head, "Nothing. Zeru, thank you." her eyes curled, crescents forming.

"Why are you thanking me? I'm merely worried for my friend." He cleared his throat, awkwardly adjusting his front bangs.

"Violet is visiting today as well. Do you want to see her?"

Zeru shook his head, "No it's fine. I only came to check on you, I'll be heading back now."

Aeliana blinked, "Won't it take a long time to go back?"

Zeru had a cheeky grin on his face as he leaned forward. He winked at her as he held a finger up to his lips, whispering, "I found out the teleportation spell."

"What?!" she exclaimed out loud before he covered her mouth with his hand.

"Shhhh!" he hurriedly hushed her, "I found it when I went through my master's old magic books he allowed me to read through."

She frowned and pushed his hand away to speak in a low voice, "How can that be? That spell should only be in the empire's hand!"

Zeru rubbed his nose and responded, "Well...technically, I..looked through master's forbidden book he kept locked away."

Aeliana slapped her forehead and sighed, "First of all, how did you even find it then if it was locked away?"

"I found it by accident and broke the spell on it."