Chapter 65

Please support me on Patreon or Kofi!

"Brother did Aeliana open the door?" Claud asked anxiously.

He glanced at Marius and Darius who had the same worried expression written on their faces before shaking his head solemnly. The three of them had a downcasted look.

"She hasn't eaten for three days now..." Darius muttered, fiddling his fingers.

"Let's just kick the door open and force-feed her!" Marius angrily spoke, slamming his fist onto the coffee table which shook slightly from the tremor.

Claud shook his head, "We can't do that. That might make her even more repulsive."

"Then are you saying we leave her be like this!?"

"Marius," Leon warned before adding, "If she doesn't eat by the end of today, we have no choice but to break open the door and feed her."

"What do you think will happen when they return to the duchy?" Darius muttered, biting down on the fleshy part of his nailbed.

Leon sighed and shook his head, showing he too, had no idea what the future may hold in regards to Darius' question.

"Let's hope she at least eats something by today.."

***

A loud rumble echoed through the dark, empty room. Aeliana let out a soft groan of pain, holding her stomach tightly. She was starting to regret not eating anything for three days straight but she had no energy to move.

'Dad would have continuously knocked on my door if he knew I hadn't eaten at all...'

"Dad..." she muttered softly.

"I wish you were awake.."

"Aeliana, please eat something." Leon's voice came through the door as he knocked.

"Brother?" she whispered, lifting her head up.

"Aeliana, I understand you want to be alone but please eat something at the very least."

She opened her mouth, wanting to speak but stopped herself. She has been nothing but a burden ever since the attack.

She felt so useless and tiny when she saw her father's body lying lifelessly in front of her.

'How much more am I going to act like this?' she asked herself, curling her fists tightly, her knuckles turning white.

Slowly, she got up to her feet, albeit shaky. She made her way towards the mirror in the room and stared at her reflection. Thin, hollow cheeks, dark eyebags, and dishevelled hair.

She looked defeated.

Reaching out, she touched the mirror, her reflection mirroring the action. The fear and dread was still there yet something in her lit up.

She didn't once look away from the reflection as she lifted up her fist, making harsh contact with her cheek.

She staggered slightly and wiped away the blood, light shining brightly in her eyes. She wasn't going to continue moping around anymore. She promised herself to change and her father wasn't dead, so there is still hope. What good is it if she continues to act weak and pathetic when she has the power to do something?

'I will live the life I want.'

"Aeliana, if you continue not to eat, we have no choice but to force the door open," she heard Leon say.

"I think she's still not going to eat, brother." Claud muttered, standing beside Leon with the food tray in his hands.

"Let's break this door open then!"