Chapter 41

"I just can't believe you! What possessed you to even think that this wasn't going to be the result?" Miles expresses as I'm sat on the counter eating an apple.

I would love to say I'm listening to him but my mind keeps wondering back to Draven and what happened yesterday. The image of him and his naked body keeps flashing through my mind and I feel my body heat up every time.

"I know you're not raising your voice at me." Daniel snaps back as miles follows him around the kitchen not letting him breath. I find it oddly amusing the parts that I tune in on but they've been at it for the past thirty minutes and I'm starting to get bored.

Draven is still sleeping and I won't dare wake him he needs the rest. If these two wake him up then everyone will be in a bad mood today. "I have never met a more frustrating person in my life! You're not even sorry!" Miles voice has gotten alot more aggressive as this goes on.

I finish my apple and aim it for the bin and it lands straight in a proud smile on my face but soon gone as I see no one has seen it. "This is the problem it isn't peoples business yet you want to go around yelling about it for what?" Daniel was fine up until now

I sit back on the counter just watching the two. His teeth clenched as his hands grip my waist. Vera no more flashbacks. I try and hide my smile but can't help it as it falls on my lips. I seriously need to stop thinking about Draven I will drive myself crazy.

"Yelling? I didn't think me asking you a simple question was yelling? You being defensive speaks enough volume. If you want me to yell I can since you seem so embarrassed by the thought of me." miles pokes Daniels chest.

"Vera how do you deal with him when he's like this?" Daniel directs at me which only seems to irritate miles even more as I try to think of an answer that isn't bias. Or anything that would make this argument go on for any longer.

"Don't you dare say a word Vera or so help me I'll ruin your day in ways you couldn't imagine." to be honest Miles rarely gets annoyed so Daniel must've done something to upset him. Maybe I should've listened from the beginning then maybe I'd have an idea as to what the issue is.

"This is what I'm talking about you don't let people breath. You gotta understand I'm new to this okay so some things may come more naturally to you but you gotta let me catch up. You've never stopped to ask if I like being so affectionate in public. You just assume I'm being off with you." Daniel finally starts to defend himself

"Finally! Some sort of communication was that so hard Daniel? This whole issue could've been resolved if you had just said something in the first place." Daniel gives him a blank stare until he shakes his head and walks off miles goes to grab his arm but he pushes it off and walks out the house.

Miles mouth slightly falls open and turns back to me. "Don't look at me. You told me not to say a word" he narrows his eyes at me as he pulls at his hair slightly.

"Why is everyone so hard to please in this place" he mutters under his breath as he rummages through the cupboards until he finds the coffee beans where he's quick to start making coffee in silence.

"Your friends really have no consideration for the neighbours" Draven comes down the stairs looking more refreshed than I pictured him to be this morning.

He must've thought they both left from that comment or maybe he wants Miles to start yelling again. "Since when did you care about the neighbours?" Miles pipes up from the other end of the counter. Not liking his new presence to the kitchen.

"I don't but you disturbed my sleep" Draven makes his way over to me giving me a look that almost says 'get control of your friend before he does' he pulls me into him and kisses my forehead.