12: What A Lovely Day!

It's 10:00 p.m. and a little red head girl is asleep in the back of the car. The social worker glanced in the rearview mirror and smiled, "What a sweet girl." She whispered.

When the social worker arrived at miss Helga's house to take Ruby, the girl was confused at first because why is she leaving her parents. But when the two women kindly explained to her, she understood.

The only thing was that she'll miss Helga, and she loved her parents even if they didn't show or say it to her, she hoped they loved her too somewhere deep down.

Hosanna, Michael and Eden were in their night clothes waiting for Ruby and her social worker. It's past the kid's bedtime, but Eden wanted to stay up and wait with Hosanna. Michael was half asleep on the couch in the living room.

Hosanna was looking out the window, Eden was trying to keep her eyes open. Hosanna saw from the corner of her eye the little blonde's head kept leaning forward as she tried to keep it up.

"Eden, if you're tired than you can go to bed."

"No, it's fine. I want to see awake to meet her." Eden replied with her eyes closed.

"You'll still meet her tomorrow, in your room. It's already past your bedtime." Hosanna laughed. Michael stood up, "Yeah, I'm gonna go to bed. See you tomorrow, night." He says walking to the stairs.

"Goodnight." 

Eden yawns and stands up as she held onto her doll, "I think it's time for me to go to sleep." Hosanna giggles and nodded, "I think so too."

Hosanna watched her go upstairs and continues to stare out the window.

Her eyes lit up when she saw a black van pull up to the house. The Foster woman ran to the door and swings it open, "Hello, do you need any help?" She asks the lady, "That would be kind, she asleep right now. I'm about to wake her up."

Hosanna cooed at the small girl sleeping in the backseat, "She has a duffle bag and two suitcases, plus her bookbag and scooter." 

"Wow." That's more than what Eden brought with her when arrived, Hosanna thought. 

"Ruby, time to wake up sweetie." Ruby opened her eyes and looked around.

"Is it morning?" She asked, letting out a yawn.

The two women laughed, "No, we're at your new home." The lady says grabbing the girl's bookbag and helping her put it on, "This is Hosanna Foster, she'll be taking care of you." Ruby waved at the new face.

Hosanna waves back.

The social worker handed the duffle bag over to her and goes to open the trunk. "Here's her scooter and two suitcases." 

Hosanna smiled and nods, "Thank you, have a safe trip back... unless you want to spend a night here. We have extra room."

The lady waved her off, "No thank you, but thank you anyway. I need to get going, goodbye sweetie." She replied, patting Ruby on the head.

Ruby was so tired she could barely keep her eyes open, "Bye, bye." She waved.

Hosanna looks at each hand and noticed both were too full to carry everything. She going to have to come back down to deal with the scooter.

"Ruby, you'll be sharing a room with a girl named Eden, she very kind and was happy to hear that you'll be rooming with her."

"I'm happy too!" Ruby gave a half smile.

Ruby follows the curly haired woman up the stairs and to a door, "You can sleep on the top bunk, if that's ok with you and I'll put your scooter in the garage."