33: Life and Art

The Foster family returned home after attending church earlier, Mattias is in his room painting on the new tablet that Hosanna bought him some time ago. She surprised him with it yesterday after finding out about him now talking.

He downloaded an app where he can draw and paint.

Right now, he is currently painting a picture of him finally finding his voice. In the picture he's standing on a stage singing or giving a speech, you can use your imagination.

Once he was done, he made sure to save the picture and named it.

No Longer Silent!

Eden was outside in the backyard sitting on one of the swings, not swinging just sitting. Mattias stepped out onto the back porch and saw the blonde girl looking at the grass twirling a pink flower in her hand.

He walks closer to her and called her name, "Eden?"

She lifts her head and smiles when she saw who it was, "Mattias, hi." She has to get use to the fact that she'll be hearing his voice from now on.

"Hi, is it okay for me to paint you sitting here?" He asks.

Eden wasn't really in a cheerful mood, it might sound weird since she's a child, but she has a lot on her mind.

"It's fine with me." She says not wanting to be rude.

Mattias noticed her somber state, "Thank you." He said, and sat on the big tree stump that was made into a table, "Do you have any suggestions?"

She shook her head, "No." She looked back down at the grass.

He nods and starts painting.

He plans on painting each of his siblings and lastly Hosanna.

Three hours passed.

"I'm finished."

He turns his tablet around to show her and she gasped.

"Mattias, this is beautiful, I was not expecting this when you asked to paint me. I thought you were going to paint the opposite of this." 

Mattias painting of Eden was very vibrant full of colors, she on the swing but instead of just sitting she was up in the air smiling brightly. The sky was light blue, and she held a pink flower in her grip as she swung, and other pink and yellow flowers were surround her like someone threw them up in the air around her.

"I look so happy." She says in awe.

Mattias softly smiles, "Eden, I don't know what's concerning your heart. But I pray that it'll be healed soon."

She teared up a little and looked up at him, "Thank you, Mattias."

He nodded, "You're welcome, Eden. I'm using the talents God has given me to glorify him. I would like to believe this is the real you, you're supposed to be happy not sad enjoy your childhood but only God knows the real you."

____

It's twelve in the afternoon and Mattias went looking for Michael. There is only one place where the older boy hangs out and each time, he goes there he can't seem to find him but this time he was laying on the green couch that's in the center of the library.

"Michael?"

The boy opened his eyes and saw Mattias standing at the door.

"Yes?"

"Can I paint a picture of you?" He nervously asked.

Michael smiles and nods, "Do I have to move?" Mattias shook his head, "No, I'll sit here across from you, and you can relax."