22: Jasper's Happiness

Jasper was laying on his bed staring up at the ceiling thinking about what pastor Rylan said at church two days ago. He was talking about how true happiness is found in Jesus Christ and we'll never be truly happy unless we seek him.

And he's never too far, in fact he's right here with us and is trying to get our attention.

If you seek him, you'll find him and he's the only one who has the power to heal a broken heart.

He wants a relationship with us.

Jasper wipes a stray tear and looks over at his violin case.

"It's been a while since I played."

Eden, Ruby and Mattias went grocery shopping with Hosanna so he's home alone with Michael who's in his secret place in the library.

Jasper gets off of the bed and goes over to the case and opens it up revealing a beautiful brown violin. He picks the violin up putting it up to his neck and started playing a song, Amazing Grace.

Michael was minding his business reading a book when all of a sudden, he heard this light melody playing through the house. He detects the tune to be the wonderful song Amazing Grace, he smiles and grabbed his flute that was next to him.

He stands up and plays right along with the mysterious violin player.

Jasper eyes widened at the second playing instrument that joined in, 'A flute?' He wonders where it's coming from and who's playing it.

Could it be Michael? He remembered Eden telling him about Michael owning a flute.

He smiles and continues to play.

____

Meanwhile at the store

Mattias is walking in back of Hosanna and the girls as they walk through the electronic aisle. Ruby skipped down the aisle pointing at everything while Hosanna pushes the cart. He glanced around and stopped at the tablet section.

Hosanna noticed someone wasn't following, "Mattias, what are you doing? Come on, you don't want to be left behind." She saw him looking at the tablets and an idea came to her mind. 

Mattias nodded and put the box down.

The foster mom realized neither of the kids have a phone, so she decided before school it would a good idea to buy them phones. 

"Ruby, what cellphone case do you think Michael with like?" 

The little girl tapped her foot as she thought, "Hmm? The dark blue one!"

Hosanna chuckled and nodded, "I agree and Eden, which case do you think Jasper would like?" Eden carefully looked at all the cases, "They all look amazing." She mumbles, "Miss Anna, Jasper has this violin case, so I think this orange one with the violins will be a nice surprise." She said taking it and putting it in the cart.

"I think that will be an amazing surprise too, Eden." She smiled.

"Girls, you will be getting a flip phone since of how young you are, but when you're older I'll buy you a similar phone to the boys." Hosanna turns her head to the eager boy, "Mattias it's your turn to pick a phone for yourself."  

Mattias was excited he never had a phone before, he went over to the phone cases and looked over all the difference and unique ones.

None of them really stood out to him except for one. 

A plain white case, it might sound weird, but it made him think of a canvas. He has always wanted to be an artist or some kind of writer.

Hosanna saw him eyeing the white phone case but looked hesitant to take it. So, grabbed it and throws it in the cart, he looked at her shocked and she gave him a wink as they head to the checkout line.