5: The Quiet Place

Flashback

"I found you!"  

"How do you always find me?" Henry pouted crawling out of his little hiding spot. Hosanna giggles, "You're not that discrete and your two favorite places to hide is either under your bed or in your little secret place here in the library that grandpa made for you."

"Well, I guess it's not really a secret anymore, now is it." He said stumping off.

She giggled when she heard him mumble, "Now I have to start thinking of a new hiding place." She runs after him, "Henry! It's your turn to count now while I hide."

Flashback Over

"I wasn't sure what you like so I made us some spaghetti." She says setting the plate in front of him, "Please, let me know what kind of dishes you like so I can make them for you." She sat across from him.

"Thank you." He said picking up his fork, he was about to take a bite until he saw Hosanna with her eyes closed praying.

He gently sets the fork down and does the same as her, 'Man, it's been a while since I prayed.' He sighed, 'Heavenly Father, please forgive me, I've been away for too long. please bless this food and hands of the person who prepared it, In Jesus Name, I pray, amen.'

Hosanna opened her eyes and noticed Michael was also praying, it warmed her heart.

After he was done, a single tear rolls down the side of his face.

"Are you ok, Michael?"

Michael nodded his head, "I'm ok." He said and started eating.

____

"How do you like it?" 

Michael looked around and nods.

"It's beautiful." He mumbled.

"My brother use to love spending time in here reading and playing hide and seek." Hosanna laughed at the memory.

Michael head turns to her, "Where? This library doesn't look that big to have many places to hide." The library was beautiful, a nice size and a table in the middle with two couches and two chairs.

"Yeah, but children have interesting minds. When Henry and I were kids and played hide and seek, he always enjoyed being the one that hide while I was the seeker. Now he's doing the seeking." Hosanna says tearing up a little.

She wipes the tears away, "Sorry, bedtimes at eight o'clock." She said and walked out the library.

Walking in the kitchen Hosanna grabs the sponge and starts washing the dishes. 

Sighing, she sets both hands on the sink and stared out into the backyard with a hazy look.

Flashback

"Pop-pop! I love it, thank you!" Henry said jumping up and down and ran to his grandfather hugging him.

"It's nothing, since you love this little library so much, I thought it would be a good idea for you to have a quiet place for yourself."

Hosanna grins, "Isn't this great, Hen. A secret hiding spot."

Henry lets go of their pop-pop, "How is it a secret spot if you know about?" He tilts his head.

"I might know, but others don't." She giggled.

His eyes grew, "You're right! Anna, don't tell anyone about this, ok."