PROLOGUE

Kelsey and her best friend Tina is starting their freshman year at Westbridge University. They were both excited and nervous as the campus buzzed with the energy of new opportunities and new friendships waiting to blossom. While Kelsey was eager to immerse herself in her accounting studies, she had no idea that her journey would intertwine so frequently with Luke Sterling, a charismatic third-year student known for his charm and striking good looks.

Kelsey's first encounter happened on the very first day of classes. She found herself lost in the busy hallways, frantically searching for her lecture hall when she heard a smooth voice break through the noise. "Hey, are you lost?"

Turning around, she spotted Luke leaning casually against a wall, a playful smile on his lips. "Because if you are, I could give you directions. Or maybe just point you to the nearest exit," he added, clearly enjoying the moment.

Kelsey narrowed her eyes, feeling her cheeks flush slightly. "No, I'm not lost. I know exactly where I'm going," she replied, trying to sound confident despite the uncertainty swirling in her mind.

"Really? Because it looks like you're on your way to the biology lab, and unless you're a fan of dissecting frogs, I think you might want to rethink that route," he said, amusement sparkling in his eyes.

Rolling her eyes, Kelsey brushed past him, and said. "Thanks for the unsolicited help, but I can manage on my own."

"I'm Luke, by the way. Third-year Business major," he said, extending his hand.

"Kelsey Prescott. First-year accounting major," she replied, shaking his hand reluctantly.

"Nice to meet you, Kelsey. I'll see you around," he said with a wink.

"Sure," Kelsey muttered, her heart racing in a way she couldn't quite understand.

*****

Finally, break time arrived, and Kelsey eagerly met up with Tina, her excitement bubbling over. "I was looking for you this morning! How did you get here?" Tina asked, her brows raised in curiosity.

"My mom dropped me off, I ended up in the wrong faculty this morning but eventually found my way" Kelsey replied, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"How about I pick you up in the morning? It's on my way," Tina suggested, her voice bright with enthusiasm.

"Sure, that would be great!" Kelsey said, grateful for the offer. "By the way, I bumped into this really cute guy. He's a third-year business major—Luke Sterling."

"What? You met Luke Sterling?" Tina exclaimed, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Yeah, do you know him?" Kelsey asked, intrigued by Tina's reaction.

"I've never met him, but I've heard about him. He's the heir to the Sterling Group, the company that owns the Whimsy Burger chain!" Tina explained, her tone filled with awe.

"What? Whimsy Burger, where I work?" Kelsey said, her surprise evident. "No way!"

"Yes! And apparently, he's off-limits," Tina added, a teasing lilt in her voice.

Kelsey rolled her eyes, a playful smirk on her face. "Well, it's not like I'm interested in him! I was just telling you about him. You know who my crush is."

Tina raised an eyebrow, her expression shifting to mock disbelief. "Oh please, don't tell me you're still crushing on Mike. It's been three years! You're not getting anywhere with him. How old do you want to be when you finally get your first kiss? Are you planning to wait on Mike forever?"

Kelsey felt her cheeks warm at the mention of Mike. "I can't help it! He's just... perfect in my eyes," she defended, a hint of longing creeping into her voice. "But I know what you mean. Maybe I need to make a move or something."