CHAPTER 14: The Heart's Proposal

Rose sauntered over to her colleagues, with a mischievous smirk playing on her lips, instantly drawing their attention. One of her coworkers, casual and curious, leaned in and asked, "Why do you have that confused look on your face?"

With a gleam in her eye, Rose replied, "You won't believe what I just saw. Kelsey and Luke were making out in the staff room. They didn't even notice me!" 

The room fell silent for a moment as her words sank in. Damian and Donna, who had been nearby, perked up, exchanging knowing glances. "I knew those two were going to fall for each other," Donna remarked, a hint of amusement in her voice. "Just look at the way they keep fighting; it's like they're trying to hide their feelings behind all that bickering."

Damian chimed in, a grin spreading across his face. "Oh, definitely! Just yesterday, it looked like they were about to kiss before I accidentally walked in on them. I mean, I've seen it coming for a while now. Luke always gets completely distracted when he sees her. It's like she's a magnet, and he can't help but be drawn in."

Rose chuckled, her smirk widening. "Right? It's kind of adorable how oblivious they are to everyone else when they're together. I guess they finally stopped pretending they don't like each other."

"They probably realized that their constant fighting was just a cover for something deeper."

Donna nodded, her excitement bubbling over. "I can't wait to see how this unfolds. The office is going to be buzzing with drama, and I'm here for it!"

The staff room had transformed into a stage for a blossoming romance, and their colleagues were eager to witness the unfolding story.

*****

The restaurant was alive with the usual hum of conversation, a symphony of laughter and light chatter filling the air. But as soon as Luke and Kelsey stepped out of the staff room, an unexpected hush fell over the room. 

All eyes turned toward them, the atmosphere shifting from casual laughter to curiosity. It was as if a spell had been cast, momentarily freezing the lively scene. The two of them emerged, side by side, with an undeniable energy that seemed to radiate between them.

Kelsey brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, her cheeks slightly flushed, while Luke adjusted his shirt, trying to appear nonchalant despite the attention. They exchanged a glance, a flicker of shared understanding passing between them, as if they were both acutely aware of the effect their entrance had created.

Whispers rippled through the crowd, curiosity piqued by the sight of them together. 

The servers, usually bustling about with their tasks, paused momentarily, exchanging knowing looks and smirks. It was clear that something had shifted, and the chemistry that had been simmering beneath the surface was now apparent to everyone. 

Luke and Kelsey moved to their stations, breaking the silence, but the air was thick with unspoken questions and speculation. The restaurant buzzed back to life, but the energy felt different, charged with a new layer of excitement and possibility. 

*****

As they began preparing for the evening rush, the door swung open, and a familiar figure stepped inside. It was Bevan Sauls, exuding an air of confidence as he strode directly to the counter, his gaze locking onto Kelsey.

"Hi Kelsey, could I speak to you for a second?" he asked, his tone casual yet insistent.

Kelsey looked up, her expression neutral. "What can I do for you, Mr. Sauls?" 

"Call me Bevan," he replied, waving off the formality. "No need to be formal with me. Let's have a seat and talk."

Nearby, Rose and Damian exchanged glances filled with concern.