chapter 5

(Ishika's pov)

Ujjwal is coming home early today, and I know it's because he realizes how shaken I was by yesterday's incident. My anxiety never really goes away quickly, and he understands that.

On his way home, he even picks up some fruits. It's such a small thing, but it makes me feel cared for.

When Ujjwal finally arrives, I feel this overwhelming urge to hug him. But then, my mind jumps in, telling me that he might get embarrassed if I do.

I almost hesitate, but then I push that thought aside and just go for it. I wrap my arms around him, needing that comfort.

To my relief, he hugs me back, and in that moment, I can tell he knows I'm still struggling with all these negative thoughts. I don't want to let go, but I have to because he needs to freshen up.

After he leaves, another wave of anxiety crashes over me. I start thinking, once again, that Ujjwal is too good for me. That I don't deserve someone as kind and understanding as him.

My heart feels so heavy, like despair is squeezing it tight, and it won't let go.

When Ujjwal comes back, he tells me not to worry about what happened yesterday. He talks to me so lovingly, trying to ease my mind.

Later, he suggests we watch a movie together in the living room. It sounds nice, so we settle on the sofa with some fruits and his blanket. The movie turns out to be a horror one. I've always been scared of horror movies, but I didn't tell Ujjwal that. And he didn't know.

At one point, Ujjwal accidentally spills water on his blanket. He just puts it aside. After a while, I notice that he's fallen asleep during the movie. I can't help but look at him-he looks so sweet and peaceful.

But then I see that he's not sleeping comfortably on the sofa, and it's getting late. I try to wake him up by calling his name softly, but he doesn't stir.

So, I gently touch his shoulder and finally manage to wake him, suggesting that we move to the bedroom where he can sleep properly.

We both go to the bedroom, but his blanket is wet from the spill earlier. Ujjwal asks if we can both sleep under my blanket tonight. I feel this rush of relief and happiness as I say yes.

(Author's pov)

The next day, Prachi receives an email describing what happened in the open ground that day. It stated that Mayank was laughing at Shashank's brother.

Prachi is shocked upon hearing Shashank's name, as she knows who he is and what he's capable of. Though Prachi isn't one to easily get scared, she starts feeling fearful now because Mayank and Ujjwal have become enemies of Shashank.

Prachi immediately calls Mayank to ask him about it. Mayank is surprised, wondering how Prachi found out about everything.

He explains that he wasn't laughing at Shashank's brother that day, but rather at something else entirely. Prachi and Mayank both realize through the email that Shashank was the one behind the car incident.

Mayank then calls Ujjwal and tells him about Prachi's email and how Shashank is responsible for the car incident. Ujjwal is shaken because he had later found out that Shashank is extremely dangerous and tortures his enemies mercilessly.

Ujjwal starts worrying about his loved ones, fearing that Shashank might harm them or him. Despite this, Ujjwal keeps his voice calm while talking to Mayank.

Ujjwal calls Ishika to check if she had received a similar email, as he fears she might have an anxiety attack if she found out about all this.

After speaking with her, Ujjwal indirectly learns that she hasn't received the email.

Later that night, after work, Ujjwal goes to Ishika's office to pick her up. He waits for her in the car. When Ishika arrives and sits in the car, she can no longer hold back her tears and starts crying.

Ujjwal immediately realizes that Ishika has found out everything. Ishika knows that it's now certain that Shashank will seek revenge, and it will be terrible.

Ujjwal wipes Ishika's tears and tries to comfort her. He tells her that they weren't laughing at Shashank's brother that day, and it was all just a misunderstanding-they were laughing about something else entirely.

Still crying, Ishika says that Shashank will not spare them now. Ujjwal reassures her, calming her down. Once she's calmer, Ujjwal starts driving.

Ishika's breathing becomes heavy, and she keeps looking back to check if any car is following them again.

Shashank's plan is working. He wanted them to live in fear, to experience fear every moment. He has already decided what he will do to them next.

Ujjwal is giving strength to the others, but he isn't revealing what he's going through internally. He too wants to express his feelings, but he holds back.

The thought of Shashank harming Ishika and Mayank is eating him up inside. Despite this, Ujjwal remains calm in front of them, offering them strength and love.

The complaint about the car incident was closed as no evidence was found.

Now, every night after work, Ujjwal goes to pick up Ishika from her office. And every Sunday, he takes Ishika to her therapy sessions, where he waits outside the entire time.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly vote and comment to support this story.