Chapter Thirty-One

After the meeting I was in my room. Raiven and Aiden had to leave to join the raid. Everyone was rounding up, getting ready for the battle. I can hear yelling outside. They were saying bye to their loved ones, wishing them luck.
     I walked over to the windows and pushed the curtains to the side. I slid the glass door to the side and walked out on my balcony. I leaned on the banister and looked around. Both packs were filling up the yard. 
     It took a bit but I finally found Raiven and Aiden. A small smile spread on my lips. After a few seconds of watching them they looked up and saw me. A grin on both of their faces. Their smiles slowly slipped away and were replaced with a serious expression. 
     They slowly lifted their right hands and closed them in a fist. They then placed their fists on their chests, right above their hearts. In the shifter world that means they are fighting with their whole hearts for the person in their hearts. Whoever they are staring at when they do it is the person in their hearts. If they are staring down the person in their hearts are not in the room.
     Once everyone saw what Raiven and Aiden were doing they followed their line of sight to see me. Once they saw me everyone mimicked Raiven and Aiden. A tear slipped down my cheek. They were doing it for me. I did the same thing but with my left hand.
     That was when Charly stepped up beside me. He put his hand on my back. “You ok?”
     I slowly glanced over at him. Tears were slowly sliding down my cheeks. I nodded. “Yeah. Just never had anyone do anything for me.” I looked back down at the crowd. 
     Charly turned towards them also. “I get it. You had to do everything before. Now you have people that will do anything for you. It’s not just your mates though.” He turned toward me. “You have two packs behind you now. I am also behind you.”
     I stared at him for a while, my mouth hanging open. I threw myself into Charly’s arms. He quickly wrapped his arms around me so I didn’t fall. I burst out crying. Charly rubbed my back.
     ‘You ok, Lil bit?’ Raiven mindlinked me.
     I pulled back from Charly and rubbed my eyes. ‘Yeah. Things are now catching up to me.’
     Raiven laughed. ‘Alright Lil bit. If things get too bad let us know.’
     ‘Yeah, sweetheart. Tell us anything. We are always here.’ Aiden piped in.
     ‘Thanks guys. I will.’ I turned back to the crowd. Most of them were gone. The only ones left were Raiven and Aiden. They were looking up at me worried. I smiled down at them to let them know I’m fine. Once they saw my smile and felt my feelings they knew I was ok. They smiled at me before they followed everyone else.
     I turned back to Charly. “Why are you here and not with them?” I asked him as I walked back into the room. I walked over to my bookcase and grabbed a book. I then walked over to my beanbag and sat down, placing the book in my lap and looking up at Charly. 
     He pulled my desk chair over and sat down in front of me. I cocked my head to the side. “Maybe I should get more beanbags.” 
     Charly laughed. “That would be nice. I don’t think you will be here for long though.”
     I cocked an eyebrow. “What you mean?”
     “Aren’t you going to move in with Raiven and Aiden?” 
     My eyes got huge. I forgot about that. I looked away from Charly. I didn’t want to think about that while they were out there fighting for me. I’m ok but at the same time I’m scared. I just got them, I don’t want to lose them.
     “To answer your question. Raiven asked me to stay behind with you.” Charly said as he placed his arms on the arms of the chair and put his chin in his right palm. “Honestly I was going to volunteer to stay back with you.”
     “Stay back with me? Why stay back? Didn’t you want to fight against them also?” I thought being my best friend and brother in law he would like to get revenge on the ones that tried to hurt me.
     Charly looked away and scratched the back of his neck. “Yeah but I wasn’t comfortable leaving you alone. Neither were Raiven and Aiden. We wanted someone we could trust to stay with you during the raid.”
     I tilted my head. “Why? I’m safe in my pack house. If necessary I can hide in my office.”
     Charly wouldn’t look me in my eyes. “They told me your heat is almost here. They wanted someone they trusted to be around in case it happened.”
     “What?” I wasn’t sure I was hearing right. They wanted someone other than them around me in case my heat started? What if it did while they were gone? Aren’t they afraid that person would try to attack me?
     Charly finally looked me in the eyes. “They knew if I was around you when you started your heat nothing would happen. I would watch over you but not try anything. I would protect you if someone else did.”
     My mouth hung open. Of course. Charly has been around me long enough to not be affected. He was my best friend and now my brother in law. He would do anything for me. He was even there for a few of my heats but like he said, he never did anything and protected me when a random alpha tried.
     I smiled softly at him. “Thanks Charly. I have always felt safe with you around. I know I’m in safe hands until my mates get back.”
     Charly’s mouth opened into an O and looked like he was in a daze while he watched me. I giggled at him. Once he heard my giggle he snapped his mouth close and gulped. “Umm. Yeah.” He averted his eyes. “I would do anything for you. You are very important to me. You’re family.” He scratched his neck again.
     I laughed. “I know Char. No need to be so serious.” I watched as his face got red. “You’re very important to me also. You’re my family too.” 
     He snapped his eyes back to me. I smiled at him. I was glad he felt like that. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have him in my life. He was always there. Whenever I did something to get in trouble. Whenever I felt down about something. When I was struggling with acting like an alpha.
     He was there encouraging me. Scolding me when things got out of hand. He even taught me how to act. True I was raised as an alpha but once I presented it was hard. I had urges to act a different way and it was hard. Charly was the one that taught me how to resist that side.
     Charly moved the chair over to the windows and watched outside. My room’s the best place to watch and see everyone come back. I turned back to my book and started reading. Reading has always relaxed me. 
     As I dove into the story I felt something was off. I was getting hot. I decided to brush it off and continued to read. I thought I just started to not feel well. Slowly I stood up and moved over to my bed and got in and wrapped my covers over my lap and started reading again.
     Charly slowly looked over at me. “Killian, are you ok?”
     I looked up at him. “Yeah. Just not feeling well. I think I’ll rest for a bit.” I put my book on my nightstand and slid down so I was laying down. I closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep.
     I started to hear sniffing. I opened my eyes and looked over at Charly. “What’s wrong, Charly? Why are you sniffing the air?”
     Charly looked over at me and stood up. He kept sniffing as he walked over to me. Once he was right in front of me he leant forward and sniffed. He quickly stepped back and covered his nose. “You started your heat.”
     I raised my brows. “What? I did?” I guess that explains why I’m so hot. I slowly felt pressure between my legs and slick started leaking down my thighs. “Oh shit.”
     Charly quickly ran to the door and locked it and then went back to the chair and sat down, watching me. “Mindlink Raiven and Aiden. Tell them it started.”
     I shook my head. “No. It would only distract them.”
     Charly facepalmed. “They told me to have you mindlink them when it starts. They will still focus on the raid but do it faster to get back to you.”
     I thought about it. “Ok.”