Chapter Thirty-Two

Raiven POV

     I glanced behind us as Aiden and I left Killian at his pack house. We needed to finish this quickly. I could tell Killian’s heat was starting soon. Just as Aiden and I stepped into the woods we shifted and followed the others.
     I glanced over at Aiden and noticed his shoulders were tense. I nudged his shoulder with mine. He snapped his head my way. I nipped his shoulder. He slowly relaxed and nodded at me. He knew what I was saying without having to use the link.
     Soon we joined everyone else and walked to the front. I stopped next to Killian’s dad and nodded at him. He nodded back and then we turned toward Aiden. I watched as he took a deep breath and then took a step. We followed him as he started running toward his old pack.
     After a while he slowed down and crouched. I mimicked him and peered through the grass. We were on a cliff overlooking a medium size pack house. We watched the land. Not much moved since it was the middle of the night. They didn’t fear attacks since they thought that everyone was too scared to try.
     We watched them for like an hour just to make sure nothing unusual would happen. We had to figure out their habits before we did anything. They didn’t even have patrols which was unheard of. Even the smallest pack had patrols. Every pack had to protect against rogues.
     Aiden slowly stood up and started walking down the side of the cliff. I followed him with Alpha Colten behind me and then the rest of the group. We slowly approached a very dense brush right behind the house. 
     ‘Raiven, Aiden.’ Killian suddenly mindlinked us.
     I glanced over at Aiden as he looked back at me with worry and panic in his eyes.
     ‘Yes Lil bit?’ I answered since I knew Aiden was in no condition to.
     Killian moaned. ‘Please hurry.’
     ‘What’s wrong Lil bit?’ I cocked my wolf head to the side. Why was he moaning?
     He moaned again. ‘It started. Hurry.’
     I looked at Aiden. We needed to get this done now but we needed to do it right. I nodded at Aiden. ‘Ok, Lil bit. Wait for us. We will finish this and be right with you.’
     ‘Daddy, Papi. Please.’
     Did he just… well, damn. Now we need to get this over with.
     ‘Hey Lil bit. Who’s whom?’ I really wanted to know and I’m sure Aiden did also.
     Killian moaned. ‘You’ll just have to wait and find out.’
     Well shit. I looked deeply into Aiden’s eyes. He was just as desperate as I was.
     ‘We will be there soon Lil bit. Is Charly still with you?’
     ‘Yes. He locked the door and is now sitting by my windows in my desk chair watching me.’
     ‘Ok. Good. If you want to play with yourself until we get there, tell him to turn around.’ I moved up to Aiden. We had to do this now.
     ‘Or go to your office and have him wait in your art room.’ Aiden suddenly piped in.
     ‘I was thinking about that. I know Charly won’t do anything to me but it is pretty bad this time. I need something and I don’t feel like doing anything with him in the room.’
     ‘Do that. We will be there when we are done here.’ I said. I wanted to get this over with. I wanted to get back to our mate as soon as possible. 
     ‘I will. See you soon.’ The link turned off. 
     Aiden and I moved forward again. Soon we started running across the yard with everyone following. People started trickling out of the house. Aiden and I left the small fry for the others. We kept going until we burst through the doors.
     When we went through the doors we halted and shifted back, our clothes still on. I turned to Aiden and he walked forward. He took me to the Alpha’s bedroom.
     “He’s inside.” Aiden said as he stood in front of the door. He stepped aside and slowly turned toward me. “Go on in. I’ll be right behind you.”
     I nodded and walked up next to him. I turned the handle and pushed the door open. As the door slid open slowly I took Aiden’s hand in mine and gave it a squeeze. I walked in and looked around. My eyes slowly landed on the man in the middle of the room with his pants around his ankles. He had frozen while trying to drag them up. His head was facing the door with his eyes huge. Like a deer in headlights.
     I snickered. “This was your Alpha?” I asked without looking back at Aiden. He walked in and stood next to me.
     He started laughing. “I know right? He’s so pathetic, it’s hilarious.” He laughed so hard he had doubled over and fell down on the floor, rolling around.
     I cracked a small smile as I watched him. It was so small barely anyone would see it. “Aiden.”
     He stood up and calmed himself down. “Sorry, Raiven. I couldn’t help it.” He said as he walked over to me and kissed my cheek.
     I grabbed his waist and pulled him closer. “I know but we have something to do.” I said as I turned back to the man. “Pull your pants up.” I growled at him.
     He quickly complied. I walked over to the chairs in the corner and sat down. Aiden stood at my side. “Call your daughter over.”
     He nodded. “Azule!” he yelled.
     Soon we heard footsteps. “Yes father?” Azule asked as she ran into the room. She stopped when she saw her father trembling in the middle of the room. She glanced around and when her eyes landed on me they widened. They then slowly moved over to my side and saw Aiden.
     “You?” She seethed. “You betrayed us? Your pack?”
     My eyes darkened. No one disrespected my mates. Before I could do anything Aiden burst out laughing.    “My pack? This pack has never been my pack.” Aiden said as he stared into Azule’s eyes. “My pack is with my mates.” He then walked in front of me and sat down in my lap. 
     I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer. I buried my nose in his neck, trying to calm down. I didn’t want to do anything until the right time.
     Azule watched us with her mouth hanging open and her eyes huge. She suddenly screeched. She lunged toward Aiden with her talons outstretched. I stood up and pulled Aiden behind me.
     I backhanded her to the side. No one puts their hands on my mates. It didn’t matter who it was. I glared down at her as she laid on the floor with a hand to her cheek. She slowly looked up at me confused.
     “Why Raiven? Why did you hit me?” She asked as she got to her feet shakenly. “I’m your best friend.”
     I laughed. “Best friend? What kind of best friend is only friends with you to make you lose everything?” I watched as a surprised expression crossed her eyes. “Yes I know. Who do you think has been going against you this whole time?”
     She starts shaking her head while she slowly backs up as I step forward. Every step forward I took she took one back. “What kind of best friend disrespects one of their friends' mates and then tries to attack the other?” I growl.
     “I-i-i-i.” She stutters. She can’t get anything out.
     Soon her back is to the wall. I lift up my hands and wrap them around her throat and squeeze. “In my book that is not a best friend.”
     Her hands wrap around my wrist and pull, trying to get them to release. I don’t budge and only squeeze more. Her nails dig into my skin. She starts clawing at my hands but that only makes my grip more tighter.
     Soon she grows limp in my hands. Her eyes stare into mine with tears on the corners. I don’t flinch or let up. I listen to her heart as it slows down. Every thump growing fainter until they completely stop. Still I didn't let up until I knew it was over. I then broke her neck.