Episode 18: Providence

***

"So, Skye's agreed to keep her cover?" Grant asked, Garrett as they made their way to where Raina was being held.

"Yes," Garrett looks up at him. "You get the pleasure of breaking Raina out."

Grant sighed, he didn't like Raina, he never did. 

Obviously he and Skye had never met her until they came across her in SHIELD, but there was something about her that neither he or Skye trusted.

***

Raina's making an origami flower, she's in a cell, wearing prisoner's scrubs. She finishes her flower and rests it in her palm looking down on it. As the camera pans further out we see a few origami flowers in her windowsill. She stands up with her new flower and walks over to a shelf which is covered in even more origami flowers. She gasps when she hears a loud explosion and she turns toward the noise as she can hear yelling and gun fire. 

A sly smile starts to spread on her face and she sits patiently on her cot. She can hear more gunfire and exclamations outside her door. Keys rattle and she jumps a little when the door to her cell opens. Grant stands there with a sly smile of his own and Rania worriedly gets to her feet.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

Grant doesn't respond and just enters, still with his smile, and also with a gun and a backpack. He sets the gun down on a small table along with the backpack. He unzips the backpack and Raina worriedly backs herself up so her back is pressed against the wall. 

Grant pulls out a black box with a red ribbon and stands in front of Raina opening the box. She looks down at what's inside then up to Grant with surprise.

"A gift from The Clairvoyant." Grant informs her.

Raina gasps a bit then chuckles and reaches out for what's in the box. Her hands come into frame holding a red satin dress with black flowers on it..

***

Skye's pacing, she knows her father and Grant are safe and Hand along with Jacobson and Shaw have been dealt with but that doesn't stop her nervousness when she sighs and decides to go find Coulson and give him what she's made a list of.

She enters the Command Centre of The Hub, just as one of the other Agent's is leaving, holding her tablet she walked in and stood beside him. "I made a list of S.H.I.E.L.D. bases we believe are secure." she said.

Coulson doesn't look at her, he continues to watch the news report. "How many so far? Seven?"

"Three." Skye answered.

This gets his attention. "Plus The Hub."

"Including The Hub," Coulson gives her a worried look. "It's a preliminary list. I'm sure more will turn up." Skye tried to reassure him.

Coulson turns away from her and focuses on the newscast in front of the two of them. 

"Members of Congress are calling for an investigative panel but it's still unclear who should be held accountable. Many of its leaders have vanished, leaving S.H.I.E.L.D. fractured and powerless."

"You were right all along," Coulson turns to look at her. "Having all this out there in the world makes it too dangerous, and now...there's no one left to protect it." Skye explained.