Chapter five: I just wanted to protect you.

Billie's pov:

"Alright ginger man i think i'm gonna call it a night i'm fucking exhausted. i said grabbing my things together.

"Alright then sounds good to me. same time tomorrow?" he asked yawning towards the end.

"Same time tomorrow." i agreed. giving him a hug and telling him goodnight i made my way out to my car.

switching my phone from do not disturb to it now being bombarded with messages. one stood out to me from the rest.

One missed call: Baby girl ❤️
One new voicemail: Baby girl ❤️

"Fuck." i muttered under my breath.

"Everything okay?" claudia's voice said behind me. i turned around to face her.

"Yeah, yeah i just missed an important phone call." i said focusing my attention back to my phone furrowing my eyebrows.

she sucked in a breath through her teeth cringing.

"Ooh hopefully it's nothing bad."

"yeah, let's hope not." i shook my head.

"i'll see you guys tomorrow goodnight!" and with that i swiftly left out the door. clicking on the new voicemail i brought the phone to my ear to listen.

"Hey Bil, it's me. I'm really, really sorry I've been basically M.I.A these past couple of weeks I've just been settling in here or busy with work which I'm sure you have been too. Anyway, um give me a call or text whenever you get the chance, I miss you a lot and I love you. Bye."

damn it i missed her call, i haven't spoken to her in a couple of weeks now and of all days she calls me on the busiest one. she always had the worst timing.

i clicked on the phone icon next to her name to call her back. after a few rings it went to voicemail.

"hey, it's Halley leave a message."

"Hey mamas i'm so sorry i missed your call i literally just got out of a session with fin. i put my phone on DnD anyway i hope i hear from you soon i love you and miss you like crazy baby girl. call me back." 

clicking the end call button i leaned my forehead against the cold steering wheel staying in that position for a minute or two before driving home.

*****

It's been a few days since I've heard from Halley which was highly unusual. She always gets back to me the same day or the next whenever I called her.

Something wasn't sitting right with me, and I wondered if Zoe felt the same.

Has she talked to Halley?

My focus wasn't all there. i was back at finneas' house working on the next album. I couldn't take my mind off of her. I really hope she's okay. I knew I had a bad feeling about her moving in with that asshole. But me being a complete idiot let her go.

"Billie!" Finneas exclaimed snapping his fingers in my face.

"Huh? Sorry I wasn't paying attention." I said shaking my head as an attempt to get rid of my thoughts.

"Obviously." He chuckled. His expression softened once he took a good look at me.

"You, okay? What's been bothering you?"

"I don't know man, I haven't heard from Halley in a while she hasn't returned my calls, texts anything I've been blowing up her phone for the past few days and she still hasn't gotten back to me." I said running my hands down my face.