Chapter fourteen: WWAFAWDWG?

Tonight was one of the many nights I've woken up in a cold sweat. Lately I've been having these... nightmares I always seem to forget what they're about, but they always end in me dying.

I was replacing the thought of Jayce with this monster in my dreams. The monster he probably is beneath everything he portrays himself to be.

I shot up out of bed almost out of breath heart beating right out of my chest. Closing my eyes tightly running my hands down my face I reminded myself I was okay, I was safe. it was just a dream.

Once I came to my senses, I looked over to the sleeping blonde next to me quietly thanking the gods I haven't disturbed her. She too has been up worried about everything. Work, the upcoming tour, the letters, Me. I felt horrible like this was all my fault which really was I wish I never met him at work that day I wish I never would've given him my number or even a chance in the first place.

I'm doing my best trying to be there for my girlfriend just as much as she's doing the same to the best of her ability. I just wish none of this happened. But we can never foresee the future, can we?

Carefully pushing the comforter off me I silently slipped out of the room going into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water from the fridge. I made my way to the sliding glass door staring at whatever the outside light could reach. Taking slow sips to ease the dryness from my throat.

I'm just desperately trying to bring everything back to normal. I want my life to be back to the way it was. How did I allow those things to happen? How did I allow one person to control my life and continue to do so when he's not even in my life anymore.

Where did I go wrong?

I just want to move past this, I want a normal happy life with Billie, my friends, my family. I don't want to feel like I have to look over my shoulder anymore, I don't want Billie being on edge either.

Sighing heavily bringing my hand up to rub my temples as I gained a massive headache from the extensive amount of overthinking. I decided to lay down on the couch really not wanting to wake Billie from her much needed slumber.

Although I was scared of the dark, right now it was very... welcoming. Laying in the dark helped me not think as much until I eventually fell asleep.

Only to be woken up not much later by being shaken awake. A sweet voice evading my ears.

"Baby girl." Billie said sweetly. I opened my eyes meeting her beautiful blue ones. I sighed sleepily stretching my limbs out.

"What are you doing on the couch my love?" I shrugged slightly.

"I just couldn't sleep, and I didn't want to wake you." 

"Another nightmare?" She said sadly. I nodded.

"Come here." she said helping me sit up then pulling me into a brief hug.

"Baby I want you to wake me up, so you don't feel alone."

"I'll be okay my love." I smiled caressing her cheek. She kissed the inside of my palm leaning into my touch.

"Halley, I mean it you wake me up, do you understand?" I sighed but deep down I knew i wasn't about to do that.

"Okay my love." I felt bad for lying but I just didn't want her to have more things to worry about.

"I've got another interview today my love, do you want me to take you to Zoe's or do you want me to take you to mom and dad's?"

I looked at the time displayed on her watch.

"I've gotta go to work bil my two weeks I requested are up."