Chapter nine: Come out and play

Finally, after a couple of weeks we were back at Billie's house. I loved being at her parents' house don't get me wrong but just being alone with Billie in the comfort of her home just makes everything feel better. I was also feeling a whole lot better. I healed up pretty nicely and was able to do things on my own now.

I start work again Friday which I am excited for I've just been itching to get things back to how they used to be, Billie had made plans for Saturday night since I worked morning shift that day. She told me she was taking me somewhere nice as sort of a celebration for my recovery. Although she has been fidgety about the whole thing and overall nervous.

I just decided it was just nerves from work.

Today however whenever she was done with work, she told me she was going to take me shopping to get my essentials and something nice for our little celebration. If I didn't know any better though this 'recovery celebration' sounds more like a date. But I could be wrong.

I was currently cleaning up the house blasting her music throughout the house when my phone rang letting me know someone was calling. Quickly I lowered the music before answering.

"Hey sweetface where are you?" I smiled.

"Hey mamas I'm on my way I'm just picking up a couple of things just wanted to call and let you know I'm gonna be home a little late."

"Okay, yeah that's fine." I giggled.

"Oh, and make sure you're ready, are you still up for shopping today?"

"Uh yeah I'm running pretty low on my stuff I bought last time so I have no choice."

"Alright baby well. I'll honk when I'm outside give me like 15 minutes."

Baby

My heart fluttered at the nickname, she's been having that effect on me as of late, the nicknames the so called 'princess treatment' I just wish we'd stop beating around the bush and just start dating already.

"Okay hon I'll be ready."

"Sounds good. I love you."

"I love you too!"

We hung up setting my phone on the counter I quickly ran up to take a brief shower to clean off the sweat and dust from cleaning earlier. throwing something random on I was about halfway down the hallway when i heard the familiar horn of dragon.

Smiling widely i quickly ran out of the house, Billie already standing outside of the car one hand behind her back her smile matching mine.

"Eilish!" I yelled happily running to her tightly embracing her in a hug.

"Mmm you smell good baby girl." she said hugging me back with one arm.

"Whatcha got back there?" I asked trying to take a peek behind her. She smiled sheepishly bring her arm around revealing a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

"Oh, Billie these are beautiful!" I said in awe admiring the flowers taking in their scent.

"Just wanted to give you a little something." She said looking down rubbing her neck, slightly blushing.

"Well, it's very much appreciated, and I love them." I smiled leaning in to kiss her cheek, her burning cheeks coming into contact with my lips as I did so. I giggled at the sight of her.

"Come on Eilish before you catch on fire from you blushing so hard." I teased.

"Shut up." she joked walking me to the passenger side opening the door for me and closing it once got in.

Like clockwork our hands laced together then her lips pressed against the back of my hand as we drove to the shopping center.

The whole drive there I listened as she told me about how the albums coming along.