Chapter eighteen: She likes the way I stare.

times lapse: 1 month later.

I'd be lying if I said things got easier. Because they haven't but I'm taking it day by day.

I'd be lying if I said the night terrors went away. but they haven't.

I don't want what I went through to define me. it wasn't until a long discussion between Billie and I that we agreed therapy would be best for me.

It's helped a little but like I said I'm taking it day by day. I'm only human, a human who went through a pretty traumatic event in my life.

Which being with a very famous pop star comes with its fair share of bad things too, the paparazzi were like vultures trying anything and everything to get something out of me. Jayce's face was all over the news for my kidnapping and assault, and for him ending his own life in a police standoff it just made things worse. the tabloids were having a fucking field day. I felt like some kind of zoo animal. There was a side to Billie I've never seen before her protection mode was on overload

I have my good days and my bad and if I feel like I'm about to go over the edge and have a full-on panic attack my therapist recommended a sense technique.

Tonight, however was a bad night I had just woken up from a nightmare, cold sweat causing my hair to stick to my face, it didn't help that I felt like I couldn't breathe. it almost felt the same way it did when Jayce had his hands wrapped around my throat. Which made my breathing even worse.
So, I had to put that technique to use.

Billie was right in front of me my legs draped over her as she held my hands.

"Breathe baby let's go over what you can see."

Those beautiful blue eyes of hers.
The way the moon is peaking just behind the curtain.
Her fairy tattoo on her left hand.
The tv quietly playing 'the office' in the background.
The freckles scattered across her face.

Next was identifying four things I can touch.
Three things I can hear.
Two things I can smell
and one thing I can taste.

Once I finally calmed down my breathing went back to normal, she pulled me close to her running her hand through my hair. Giving me encouraging words.

"That's my girl."

"You did so well."

"I'm so proud of you."

It's been rough but we've helped each other through this I kept to my word and was there for Billie just as much as she was for me. And whenever we felt angry or bothered by something we'd take some time to ourselves and come together and talk things out.

This was the most healthiest relationship I had ever been in, and I was so grateful for that.

Finneas had invited us on a boat ride somewhere out in L.A Billie thought it'd be a great idea for us to go. just to break away from the world for a little.

So, there we were packing up a carryon bag filled with extra clothes although I was not planning on getting into the ocean because being in open water terrifies me, and I do not need another panic attack. We then pulled up next to Finneas' car, met with Maggie and Patrick as we all loaded into the boat.

"Now we only have this thing for a couple of hours so treat her well." Finneas said as we all boarded the boat.

Billie held her hand out for me helping me on we made our way to the bow side taking a seat, putting her arm around me as we started off.

I closed my eyes the breeze blowing through my hair I felt a small kiss on the side of my head. Keeping my eyes closed I smiled gently I leaned my head on her shoulder listening as the water beneath us rushing under the boat.