Prologue

Tucked between the mountains deep into Europe lied a kingdom. A quiet one. Not like those seen in the movies. There were no dragons or trolls. It had clear rivers full of fish, green pastures, and some of the best food in the country. It was also extremely wealthy. Different noble families held shares of the kingdom's overall wealth. The houses got along well...for the most part. This kingdom operated differently than most. Each house had a chance of being the ruling house of the kingdom if they were wealthy enough and worthy enough. The house of Azizot had ruled for a century. The rule was that an heir must be crowned within six months. If an heir had not come forth, another house was eligible to take the throne and begin their reign. For centuries houses battled in the arena for a spot in the throne. By 2001 the Kingdom had been ruled by House of Popis, House of Koffe, House of Onin, and lastly, House of Azizot.

The House of Azizot had ruled with kindness. Their citizens were free to exercise freedoms and were taken care of. Even the lowest had a place to lie their head at night. They were peaceful with neighboring countries and those far away. The current king, Richard Azizot and his wife Miranda Azizot, were well loved by the public. They had two children, Mars and Scarlett. But the Azizot family had a secret. Queen Miranda did not grow up in a noble house. She came from a family of witches. Of course nobody would believe such a thing. They weren't witches with tall hats and brooms, but they practiced witchcraft in their homes. Many of them were burned in witch trials in the olden days but their traditions remained the same. Most would say that their spells never worked and they were just crazy old women, but King Richard didn't mind their practices. In fact, he adored them. He met Miranda while out on the town in his college years. He fell in love at first sight. Upon learning she came from a family of witches he had joked that it would be great if his future heir could take out an army with one spell. Deep down he wished it were true. He never really believed in magic but he allowed Miranda to practice her beliefs within the walls of the kingdom. He just kindly requested that she remain quiet about it. He didn't want the Azizot name to become a joke.

To their surprise, Miranda's witchcraft was real and their first born daughter had been born with extraordinary abilities. On the night of her birth, everything in the room had levitated off of the ground. The ground rattled and there was a wind so strong it caused servants in the hallway to fall to their face. Her birth was so powerful that Miranda was bedridden for two months. Despite this, the king and queen were elated. They had a powerful heir to the throne. One that almost wiped out the entire mansion during birth. The following years proved how foolish his desire was.

By one, Scarlett could force dressers from the floor with her eyes.

By two, Scarlett could cause power outages my getting too excited.

By three, Scarlett could persuade servants to give her ice cream for breakfast just by touching them and asking.

The king and queen were exhausted by the time Scarlett was five. They didn't realize how exhausting taking care of a child with these abilities would be. King Richard, who once believed an heir would command an army, then feared that his heir would blow up that army on accident. He pondered until he came up with a solution.

Another child.

Miranda had given up witchcraft. She threw all of her books into a closet and locked it away forever.

The couple had a son nine months later.

The Azizot family gave birth to Scarlett first and Mars last. They kept Scarlett's birth private. They homeschooled her while Mars attended an elite school in the kingdom. Mars attended galas and networked with other nobles. Once puberty started for Mars and he stood taller than Scarlett, the family slowly started to introduce her to the public as the younger daughter.