ꜰᴏᴜʀ

˙✧˖° ⋆。˚

˙✧˖° ⋆。˚

As Indiana predicted, when she arrived home her mother was unconscious on the couch. As she placed her bag in her room knocking sounded on the front door. Indiana opened the door revealing a crying Nancy Wheeler.

"Are you okay?" Indiana asks confused. "Can I come in?" Nancy asks confused. Indiana allows the girl in as they walk up to her room.

Nancy sits down on the blonde's bed and takes a picture from her bag. Indiana sits beside her as she looks at the picture. It was one of the ones Steve ripped up. Nancy had taped it back together before coming over.

It was Barb sitting on Steve's diving board but behind her was a distorted figure. Indiana felt her bottom jaw drop open. The figure was the same she saw out of the window. The same night Will disappeared. 

"Nancy, I saw that." Indiana brings her terrified expression to the girl. "What? Where?" Nancy asks.

"The night Will went missing, I was babysitting at your house and I looked out of the window. One of the street lights, it was flickering and when it flashed on for a second I saw it. I thought I was seeing things." 

"I went back to Steve's to look for Barb, I saw something, maybe that man. It was in Steve's yard. It had no face." Nancy tells. Indiana furrows her brows. 

"Do you think that thing, that thing took Will and Barb?" Nancy asks with her mouth open. Indiana swallows harshly before nodding. "Don't you think we should talk to Jonathan? He was the one who was out there and took the picture." Indiana asks.

Nancy nods as Indiana grabs her car keys before exiting the house. The two drove to the Byers' house where Joyce told them Jonathan was searching for a casket for Will.

The two get out of the car and make their way into the home. As they entered Jonathan was looking at a casket. Nancy waved him over slightly. 

"Can you just give me a second?" Jonathan asks the worker helping him. The man nods as Jonathan walks over. "Hey." Indiana greets.

"Hey." Jonathan replies awkwardly. "Your mom, um... she said you'd be here." Nancy says.

"Can we talk for a minute?" Indiana questions. Jonathan nods as the three exit the room and into the empty lobby. 

Nancy hands Jonathan the picture of the creature. "It looks like it could be some kind of perspective distortion, but I wasn't using the wide angle. I don't know. It's weird." Jonathan hands Nancy the photo.

"And you're sure you didn't see anyone else out there?" Indiana asks. 

"No. And she was there one second and then, um... gone. I figured she bolted."

"The cops think that she ran away. But they don't know Barb. And I went back to Steve's... and I thought I... saw something. Some... weird man or... I don't know what it was." Nancy sighs. 

"We think-- we think we saw that." Indiana looks down. Jonathan looks around awkward. "I'm sorry, we shouldn't have come." Nancy apologizes. Jonathan pulled himself from his thoughts.