5.8 - Blonde vs Black

When Qi Ze woke up again, he was already lying in the hospital. In the bleak ward, there was no sign of Qi's father or Jiang Ruche. There was only a soft white ball jumping onto his lap, still crunching potato chips in its mouth.

[Host, you are awake. ] The system clapped its hands and took the potato chips back.

Qi Ze half sat up and pressed his swollen temples. His eyelashes, as long as crow feathers, drooped to hide the fatigue in his eyes.

The system noticed that his expression was wrong, jumped to Qi Ze's side, and stretched out two claws from its round body to rub Qi Ze's head.

[What's wrong with the host? Are you feeling uncomfortable? 】The system asked worriedly. It was rare for it to see the host in such a low mood.

"It's okay." Qi Ze forced a smile, "It was just a dream."

When the word dream was mentioned, the system immediately became alert. Just as it was about to ask something, the door of the ward was opened and Jiang Ruche walked in with a thermos bucket.

Hearing the door open, Qi Ze looked over. He was half-sitting on the clean white bed. His little face was terribly pale because of the discomfort. His usual arrogant and bright look also dimmed. The afternoon sun poured down from the window, enveloping the blond boy, and the cold ward gradually became warm.

Jiang Ruche was stunned for a second or two, but he reacted quickly, closed the door, and sat down beside the bed with the shrimp and vegetable porridge he had just bought.

"I've slept for a day and a night, and I'm finally awake." Jiang Ruche said as he opened the thermos bucket, and the aroma of the shrimp porridge that was cooked to perfection filled the air.

"You must be hungry. Have some porridge first. I'll take you to eat something delicious when we get back to City C."

Jiang Ruche, who has been watching the show "Metamorphosis" recently, discovered Qi Ze's foodie nature. Every time he saw someone feeding a child on the show, he felt itchy. How come he didn't find the child so cute in all these years?

Qi Ze didn't like Jiang Ruche. They had argued before participating in the show. They were originally two people who didn't interfere with each other. But Jiang Ruche suddenly came so familiarly and wanted to feed him with porridge. He felt uncomfortable and turned his head away and said, "I'm not hungry."

Hearing the child's stomach growling clearly, Jiang Ruche smiled, scooped a spoonful of porridge, blew it, and put it to the child's mouth. The food in his mouth was fragrant. Qi Ze subconsciously opened his mouth and ate it in one bite. After eating, he realized what he had done.

"Is it delicious?" Jiang Ruche scooped another spoonful to feed him. The feeling of feeding was really good.

"Just so-so." The child who was trying to keep himself with only noodles left said stubbornly.

"Yeah, it's normal." Jiang Ruche couldn't help laughing. He looked at the boy who was talking insincerely, but he was so cute because he was so happy that his eyes were almost narrowed because of the delicious food.

Soon, a big bowl of porridge was eaten, and his stomach was warm. Qi Ze leaned on the bed with his head tilted, and his eyes looked at Jiang Ruche with a little liking.

At this time, Jiang Ruche's mobile phone on the table vibrated, and the screen lit up, showing the mobile phone screen saver.

Qi Ze glanced lazily, and was stunned when he saw the familiar face on the screen saver. Although it was only a profile, who else could the blond boy wearing a hat be but him.