Ch22: Sunday Evening (Part 2)

Earlier at the Yaoyorozu mansion...

"So whaddya think? Do we have a deal?" An arrogantly masculine voice came through an earpiece worn by a beautiful black haired business woman... Who just so happened to be in charge of every major financial decision "Yaoyorozu Industries" made...

She glanced down at the contract that laid on the extravagant wooden desk of her spacious, and tastefully decorated home office. The morning sun poured in through the tall windows that stretched from the floor to the ceiling, filling the room with natural light as she tossed the contract in question into the trash bin underneath her desk.

Yana Yaoyorozu was a great many things... A devoted, faithful wife... An incredibly loving mother... The definition of physical and intellectual beauty... And an extremely caring person who was very protective over the ones she held dear to her...

But gullible and naïve... She was not.

Yana was one of, if not the sharpest and most savvy women in all of Japan, and was astoundingly exceptional at her job... A job she did with so much fiery grace, that she made doing her part in running a multi billion dollar corporation look like mere child's play.

She was an absolute force to be reckoned with... Methodical, yet instinctual. Highly regarded, wildly successful, well respected, and even feared amongst the wealthiest billionaires and most cut throat individuals in the business world...

And those foolish enough to try to get the better of her, were swiftly reminded of who the apex predator at the top of their food chain was.

"So that's actually the deal you had in mind?" She said in a tone that would freeze most grown men in their tracks. "Please tell me you're joking..." She said as she spun her chair around and pulled a few documents from a filing cabinet beside her. She began to diligently look over them.

The man's voice on the other end of the call seemed to take on an irritated quality. "That deal is the best you're going to find anywhere you look Yana! I assure you it's no joke! We won't be strong armed into dropping the price we're asking for any further! Take it or leave it."

She began to chuckle to herself. "Oh you poor, fragile man... The fact that you think that you hold any power in this interaction is amusing to me." She said as she stood up and began to stroll casually around her office. "Allow me to clarify a few things... First of all, it's Mrs. Yaoyorozu... Don't get overly familiar with me. Second, there are a literal dozen far more generous contracts lying on my desk right now that I'd rather sign to become our new main industrial supplier. And third, the products and materials you are trying to push through our doors are shotty at best, according to my sources."

She stopped in front of Mr. Kenichi, who was holding a tray with her usual morning latte sitting on top of it. She winked at the elderly man and silently mouthed the words "Thank you" as she grabbed her beverage. "So I believe I'll happily leave it."

The silence on the other side of the line was deafening... Until the man decided to speak again, "I don't understand... Why did you even bother taking this call if your mind was already made up?!" His frustration was nearing its boiling point. "Why did you waste my time?!"

Her brow furrowed, "You wanna talk about wasting someone's time?! How about the fact that you and your company refused to respect that this is my day off from work, continued to ring the phones in our Musutafu branch off the hook, and talked to my secretary like a dog until she begged me to take your call while she cried her eyes out!" She snapped back. "As a woman in today's world, I don't take very kindly to men who don't accept no for an answer!"