Spamano

Spain and Romano

"A good thing, pfft. How the hell is it a good thing that I'm having that stupid Spain's idiot child!" Romano shouted to himself as he slamed the phone back down on the hook.

"Lovi, I brought some gelato for you and the baby! I figured you were hungry." Spain said sweetly, bringing in a tray of the italian's favorite desert. Romano's eye twitched. Ever since the damn tomato bastard had found out about his condition, he'd been spoiling him. Even more so than usual! It was really starting to piss the small nation off.

"Say ah!" Antonio said, holding a spoonful of gelato up to Lovino's mouth. The brunet growled, slapping his lover's hand away from him as the spoon and ice cream fell to the floor with a clink. Spain looked at the other man, slightly confused and a little startled by Lovino's behavior.

"What is it, love?" Spain asked, trying to pull Lovino close to him only to have the smaller boy push him away.

"What do think? You've been driving me crazy! I'm having a child, I'm not a child myself! You don't need to keep babying me!" Romano shouted. He saw the display of emotions play on his lover's face. Shock. Guilt. Hurt. Each new face made him feel a little bad for blowing up on the spagniard but he wasn't ready to admit that.

"I'm sorry mi amore. I'll give you some space." Antonio said a little awkwardly, cleaning up the mess of gelato on the floor and taking the untouched tray with him as he left his lover in peace.

When his lover left, Romano suddenly felt a slight pang of guilt. He really didn't mean to blow up on the spaniard like that, even though thats what he usually does.

"Stupid bastard, making me feel sorry for him." Romano grumbled, slouching into the couch and curling up on his side.

It was Spain's fault, Romano reminded himself. Treating him like a baby ever since he found out about the little italian's condition. It was both Spain's and this damn baby's fault. Romano's eyes suddenly sofftened and he brought his hand down to rest on the almost invisble bump. He couldn't deny it, no matter how hard he did. Sure, he was pissed at the Spanish man for getting him knocked up but at the same time he couldn't fight the small, very very small part of him that felt a little happy. With a sigh he sat up, rubbing the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger.

Maybe he had been a little too harsh on that idiot. While he was annoying and perverted as hell he was just looking out for his pregnant lover.

"Kuso..." Romano grumbled, the guilt bringing him to get up off the couch and head upstairs.

He made it to their bedroom and poked his head in, seeing Antonio laying on the bed with his arms behind his head, staring at the ceiling. Blush tinting his cheeks, Romano entered the room, keeping the slight glare in his eyes as he walked towards the bed.

Antonio looked up when he heard the floorboards creak and saw his italian lover standing in front of him looking quite flustered.

"Lovino? Is anything wrong?"

Still playing mute, Romano stalked towards the bed, eyes never leaving their watch on the spanish man, and threw himself onto the bed. Spain jumped in surprise but caught the small brunet, wrapping his arms gingerly around thin shoulders.

"It's okay to spoil me a bit..." Romano muttered sincerly, voice muffled by his face being stuffed in the spagniard's chest. His eyes regained their harshness and he glared at his lover. "But only a little!"

Spain could hardly believe the italian's words but smiled none the less. Holding his lover tightly and close to him, he enjoyed the show of affection while it lasted.