Chapter Ten: Pros, Cons, and even more corrections

I raked a hand through my hair as I smiled, "Sarah, you give me everything just by breathing. Never feel like you should give me something. Unless it's my birthday." I said and she giggled, "Never thought you watched Twilight." I shrugged, "yeah, I watch it occasionally." She cleared away a tear and went back to her list. "As I said before, women are very attracted to you. Very pretty women--" "let me guess, you feel like your not attractive?" I whispered and she nodded, "yeah, and there are beautiful young women who would love to have five seconds with you-" "I'd rather spend my five seconds doing something else than be with them. Like being with you. I swear to you that I'll never think about any other woman than you Sarah, your incredible, sexy, smart, and understanding." I said and she blushed before kissing me lightly. I let her lead the way this time. It was slow and careful, like every move was ment to break me. "Now try not to say anything, because admitting this to you in real life and not in dreams is embarrassing." "You dream about me?" She stopped and covered her face, "did I say that?" She muttered, "don't worry, I dream about you to..." I said and moved her hands away and kissed her quickly so she would continue. "Right, I'll be silent, right now." I said and made the motion of zipping my lips. "Your understanding of me, which for me is rare. You are very handsome. You are very good at kissing." I smiled and moved a lock of hair from her face as she looked down at the page. "Your sweet and kind... your a prince in shining armor." She said and looked back up to me. "I've noticed that you have more pros than me." I said and she scratched her cheek again. "It's because your better for me than I am for you." She said and I sighed, "Sarah, I never want to hear you say that again. I've told you, you are going to keep me sane just by standing near me, if I'm too far away from you I'll go crazy." I whispered and took the book away from her before I gently pushed her down to the grass. I laid next to her and she snuggled into me as I held her close. "I'm new to this dating thing so tell me if you don't like something. Alright?" I said and she nodded, "I already know what I don't like I'll tell you if you ever do them." She said, sounding like she'd fall asleep. "Have you dated someone before?" I asked and she slowly nodded, "Before I found out something I didn't like." She said, she reminded me of a drowsy kitten. "What was that then?" I asked and soon after asking I felt the cold dampness of tears. "Sarah, what did he do to you?" I asked and rubbed her back. "He broke my heart as well as my thrust for men... before now." She said and I kissed the top of her head and picked us both up off the ground. "I'll never do that." I said and kissed her tears off of her cheeks. "Yeah, I know you won't." She said and smiled.

"Derek! Sarah!" My dad called. We had been playing "Concentration" for awhile now, I got lost in her eyes so many times that I lost all of that. "Hey dad." I said as Sarah said "hound," "Elvis." Who sung that song "hound dog." "What are you kids doing?" My dad asked as Sarah said "Play boys." not breaking our eye contact. "Bunnies." "It's a game," Sarah said quickly before saying, "freaking adorable." "You." She froze and I smiled, she cleared her throat. "Right, so that makes it nineteen to... one." She said tally marking my score. "That seems all well and fun, but your mother wants to teach Sarah how to cook her super secret recipe... well, super secret to me. We'll have it for lunch. Come on!" He looks like a business man from hell, with his aggressive, strong eyes and his defined eyebrows but really, he's like a kid. Always trying to have fun. He grabbed her hand and began to basically skip! He's really trying here! Sarah laughed and began to skip herself, "Come on Derek!" She called as they were already halfway back. I chased after them and picked her up, hoisting her too my shoulders. She laughed as she ducked low to avoid hitting the gate top. I set her down and my dad opened the door. Franny was in the open living room with pages of drawings on the ground along with her crayons. Charlene and Barrett were out for a bit, Amanda and Jason were by the fireplace reading, and Ellison was, from what I heard, blasting music upstairs. Something about "doing anything for that boy" and "not remembering to forget him" on a continuous loop.

"Right, then add that to the pot, that's it!" My mom said, I had taken up residence just watching Sarah cook, she seemed to not remember that I was here. "Right, watch that until I get back." My mom said and looked over to me and smiled, "I never met someone so different..." She hummed along with the song, I smiled and watched her sway her hips to the beat of the music. "But when you remember me, is us kissing in the moonlight." She giggled and stopped. "Don't stop! I liked watching your hips do that." She froze and turned, eyes wide as the dinning plates. "H-how long have you been sitting there?" She stuttered and I stood up, chuckling. "Longer than you like." I said and she blushed again, "so you heard the-?" She pointed above and moved her hand up and down to symbolize talking. "Yup," "And you saw the-?" She moved her hips again but quickly and only once. "Yup." She turned back around and shook her head. "What's wrong?" I asked and hugged her from behind. "Pardon me while I find a suitable rock to hide under." She said and I laughed, "I thought, for what it's worth, you were beautiful... my private performance." I said and nuzzled her neck.

"I'm back!" My mom said. Busted. I let go and cleared my throat. "Yeah, that seems fine, what do you think mom? Is it done yet?" I asked and my mom peered over Sarah's shoulder, "Yes, perfect." This was her "super secret" dish dad was talking about. Spaghetti. Sarah dished up the noodles, handed the plate to my brother who rejoined us, Barrett then passed it to me who passed it down the line and finally we all sat down. Sarah was across from me, occasionally looking up to me, trying not to be spotted. But I was watching her so she looked away. "So what was that game you two were playing on the hill?" My dad asked. "Should I cover Franny's ears?" Barrett said already reaching over, "no, it's a game... Concentration. One of you starts and it leads you from there, if you hesitate or repeat then you loose... Have you seriously never heard of it? It's a nursery game." Sarah said and dad thought, "Sounds like fun, honey, we should play." When dad was little he didn't play these sort of games. His father made him practice hunting instead of playing nursery games.

After lunch Sarah and I went to tour the pool. I made her put on a bathing suit and she came out with a tankini. "Really?" I said and she blushed, "I haven't gone swimming in awhile! Don't judge the ten year old dress sense." She said and I sighed as Amanda passed by. She stopped and looked at Sarah. "Sarah... Pardon this obvious question... but what in hell are you wearing?" She said and Sarah cleared her throat. "This is, uh, my bathing suit." Sarah said, clearing her throat several times. "Right. Not in this house. Your borrowing one of mine then Derek and you, afterwards, will go and buy a bathing suit." Amanda said and pulled her back upstairs. I went out to the pool and waited on a lounge chair. "Get 'em girl!" My sister cheered. I heard the slow, nervous footsteps of Sarah, so different from the strong confident way she normally walks. I opened my eyes and saw her in an eye-popping little, black bikini. Showing nearly everything. It didn't leave much to my imagination. "Can I say.." "no," she said and sat down on the other lounge chair and rubbed sun lotion into her skin. "Can I do that?" I asked taking the bottle away. She blushed, "I think your family is watching..." Sarah said and I shrugged, "let them, they'll see us doing normal, more or less wholesome things." She giggled, "right, more or less wholesome." She said and I made her lie down. I placed some sun block to her stomach but she made me stop, she was shaking. "Are you ticklish?" I asked and moved my hands up and down her stomach, "Well, yeah, but the lotions cold, so--" She began to giggle as I rub the lotion in quickly and then stopped. I lifted her leg up so her foot was flat on the chair. I rubbed the lotion from her ankle to her lower thigh, I knew any higher right now would spell my doom. Whether from her or from everyone else.

>Note
Derek's become my favorite, I'll tell you when it's Sarah's turn.