Chapter 9

FIFTH ELEMENT

At Francesco’s Hut

“Looks like you enjoyed this place princess Julieanne.”

“Oh no!” Julieanne exclaimed.

“Just kidin’ Princess (Francesco laughs) have you noticed it too?”

“You almost scared me to death! What is happening? Why are the events from yesterday recurring?”

“I fear that another part of history was changed.”

“So what are we going to do now? What will happen to us?”

“Princess, calm yourself. Nothing is going to happen to us. Not in this time…”

“What do you mean by that?”

***

2012

It is really fun to talk to Julieanne. I wonder what she looks like. The way she talks is so caring… unlike the people here in my class.

“Elmo! Where’s big bird?” A student shouted.

The class laughed.

Speaking of the devil… “Haha, bloody ha! Very funny guys!” Elmo said imitating a voice.

“Wow, what accent was that? Sesame Street?” Another joked.

The class laughed again.

“Dude, this is already College. You not high school students anymore.”

“Why? Is there something wrong in having fun?” The bully dared.

“Michael let them be. They’re not worth it.” Elmo tapped Michael’s back.

“Hey class, how are we going to go to the Maroon 5 concert? Are we going there all at once or we will just wait each other at the coli?” A girl intruded.

“We’ll go as a class!” Another shouted.

The class becomes noisy again because of their excitement.

“Are you going to join them?” Michael asked.

“Nah! Saved a lot of money to be in the front sits so that I won’t be joining them.”

“Cool! You’re in the front sit too? My girlfriend bought me a ticket. You can join us if you want.”

“Sure! How is Catherine by the way?”

“Oh she’s fine.”

“So we’ll meet at the coli tonight?” Elmo asked.

“Okay.”

***

1312

“What just happened is how history repairs itself whenever a part of it was changed. We are able to witness this event because we are not directly affected by it.”

“I do not understand.”

“Let’s make it simple. This means that the change in history occurred somewhere after this day until to the future because the outcome of this change will only affect what is ahead of it and not its past. In other words we literally went back to yesterday in order to compensate the changes made in the future, it’s more like of a ‘reset’…”

I really don’t get what this old man is trying to say.

“Princess? Why are you making such face?”

“Oh apologies! No I was not making fun of you. That was my facial expression whenever I hear something I do not understand.”

“Oh…”

“Wait, I think I get it. So does it mean, if that change occurred before today we will not be experiencing this reoccurrence but only those who were prior to the said change?”

“Exactly!  You’re really smart Princess.”

“Thank you Sir Francesco.”

***

God I am late! I hope Catherine and Michael reserved me a sit!

*Pant *Pant “Michael, Catherine! What did I miss?” Elmo whispered from behind.

“Elmo! You scared me to death!” Catherine joked.

“(Laughs) you’re just on time. Oh here they are!” Michael exclaimed.

Then a sudden tenor voice resonated all over the coliseum.

“Odd. I didn’t know Adam’s voice would be like that in real performance.” Elmo whispered.

People were already cheering. But the cheers became louder as one by one the members of the band came out.

“Sweet mother of mercy! That is not Adam Levine!!” Elmo screamed.