Chapter 29

TALKING BOX

Elmo’s POV

So this is how it feels to travel in time. It’s like a movie being watched in rewind. Good thing my timing was right, Butch was not able to stop me from helping Julie. However, I must still be on guard because he is the guardian of time.

Julie’s POV

Where did I put that book? Why do things get lost every time they are badly needed? Hmm…Maybe I hid it inside my wardrobe.

“ AAAAAA! Good Heavens!” Julie shouted as she opened her wardrobe.

“Sweet Mother of Mercy!” Elmo screamed.

“Si-Sir Elmo?” Julie squinted.

“Am- I am in 1312!” Elmo realized.

“Sir Elmo! Oh I am so glad to see thee!” Julie embraced Elmo.

“Princess!” “Julieanne!” Thomas and Manfred stormed Julie’s room “We heard you scream, what hap…”

“Thomas! Father! I am alright!”

“Who is this Lad?” Manfred asked.

“He might be a spy thy highness.” Thomas declared, “Men! Draw swords!”

“Oh my god! Wait no!” Elmo cowered.

“Father, wait! He is my friend!” Julie declared.

“It’s hard to trust these days!” Manfred exclaimed, “Seize him!” He ordered.

“Father, please halt!”

Oh god you leave me no choice! “Fear me?!” Elmo said.

Sir Elmo immediately covered his face with his arm and drew his talking box. He shone its light in front of Father’s Soldiers. Thomas, Father and the knights were mesmerized by Sir Elmo’s little box. They all halted and remained staring with wonder. Suddenly, the little box said something…

“Op, Op, Op, Oppa Gangnam style!” The cellular phone rang.

There was utter silence then “SEIZE THE DEMON AND HIS BLACK MAGIC!” Thomas ordered.

“Stop!” Julie embraced Elmo, “Father he is not a demon or a spy. He is Sir Elmo Magalona, Son of Sir Percy Magalona.”

“I never heard of him.” Manfred lowered his sword.

“He was sent here to help us.” Julie explained.

“By whom?”

“Uhm…” Julie thought, “… By the heavens Father! The heavens answered my prayers.” Julie made up.

I hope they fall for that. Old men are superstitious, aren’t they? Julie thought.

“So he is an angel?” Thomas asked.

“Uhm…” Julie looked at Elmo’s face.

Me, an angel? Well, I can’t deny the fact that I look angelic. Elmo thought

“…No…” Julie said.

What? Take that back Julie! Elmo thought.

“…but he is still heaven sent.” Julie smiled.

“Very well ‘heaven sent’…” Manfred said, “If thou art my daughter’s friend, then thou art welcome here in Saint John.”

“Thank you Father!”

“Men, let us go. There are still a lot of things to prepare.” Manfred ordered.

“Pleasure, Father.” Julie thanked.

Father and his men went out of my chambers and continued with their preparations.

“Thanks Julie, I really thought I will lose my head in the wrong time.”

She giggles, “Worry not, there will still be a lot of people who will seek to chop our heads off.”

“Ow.” Elmo was stunned.

“Come on! I was just kidding.” Julie gave Elmo a playful punch.

“You really got me there.” Elmo exhaled.

Julie laughed, “Sir Elmo, I am really so happy to see thee again.” Julie suddenly embraced Elmo.

“Me too.” Elmo embraced Julie back, “Julie, we have to be more careful this time.” Elmo added.

“Why?”

“Francesco was against my decision to help you.”

“Sir Francesco? Why?”

“Because, my presence will cause a paradox. Julie, Saint John is destined to fall. Your Father and his soldiers will die.”

“No, that is not true!” Julie becomes misty eyed.

“Francesco told me personally.”

“So what will become of me?”

“You’ll be its last ruler and die because of illness. By 1347 the whole continent will be plagued by a Bubonic Disease, Saint John fell after your death.” Elmo revealed.

Julie was stunned and tears drift upon learning her fate. She remained staring at me as if she is waiting for me to take back what I just said.

“That is why, even Francesco opposes it greatly. I came here for you.” Elmo shifted.

“But you’ll cause disharmony.” Julie said.

“I do not care Julie. The world means nothing to me if you’re not in it…”

“Pleasure, Sir Elmo.” Julie embraced Elmo.

…because you became my world, Julie. Elmo thought

***

“This is the funny thing about destiny, no matter how you struggle. You will always end up fulfilling it.” Francesco told himself.