Chapter 10

THE LOST FIFTH

“Michael something is not right.” Elmo said.

“What?”

“Where is Adam Levine?”

“Who?”

“Adam Levine!”

“Who is that?”

“Quit joking around Michael! He is the vocalist of maroon 5!”

“Are you retarded? Daniel Milton is the lead singer and that is him.”

“No this is not right! Listen! When did Maroon 5’s vocalist become a tenor?”

“That is the reason they became famous!”

Oh God what is happening? If this is true then where on earth is Adam Levine?

“Michael, listen to my phone, this might let you remember what Maroon 5 really sound like.”

“Elmo, I do not want to be rude but please let me and my girlfriend enjoy this okay?”

“Uh… sure! Sorry about that… I’ll just take my leave.”

“Hey Elmo, that’s not what I mean.”

“It’s okay! We’re cool.”

“Elmo where are you going?” Catherine asked.

“Outside. I’ll just breathe some fresh air.”

I know Michael and Catherine’s eyes were still locked on me until I went out of the Araneta Center. I can’t blame Michael and Catherine because considering how the people welcomed the Maroon 5, it seems that they haven’t noticed that something was not right.

“This is how Maroon 5 sing the payphone.” Elmo put his phone near his ear to listen to the music.

*Crashing sound.

“Aw. Ouch! What was that? Why can’t I play the song?” (Silence) “Oh no, this might be the same as that of Julieanne’s situation!” Elmo realized “So who married who this time?” He asked.

***

1312

“Francesco, I think we should do something right away in order to put everything back to its place.”

“That is right Princess but the question is, do you know what was misplaced?”

“Oh, I get it (silence) then what shall we do?”

“We wait for Elmo to barge into my Home and tell us what he had observed. In that way we will know where to start.”

“Splendid!” Julieanne clapped.

***

2012

“So how was the concert?” Loree asked.

“It was fine.” Elmo plainly answered.

“Put your clothes on that basket. I’ll do the laundry later.” Loree held.

“I thought you’ll be late today?” Percy asked as he ate some doughnuts.

“Yep, but I got bored. I think it is not really my thing.”

“You just wasted your savings son. Well, your Grandpa used to tell me that before when I also destroy or lost my toys.”

How come that dad remembers what Grandpa told him but he can’t remember what Gramps looked like? Dad could be really absurd sometimes.