Chapter 11

DOCTOR AND MUSIC

PRESENT

Still, the antique shop was closed. Butch is indeed a douche! Even if he doesn’t tell where Julie is, at least he must return the book to me! Oh why I’m so dumb! If I haven’t brought it there, finding Julie would be a lot easier. (Punches the road) Urgh! It hurts… (Stares at his yarn made bracelet) Oh Julie, I kept my promise that I will never remove this.

2012 

“NO WAY!” Elmo burst out.

All of the students stared at me. From that point I realized that I did something stupid. But Adam Levine as a doctor? That can’t be!

“Mr. Magalona! What is it?” Ms. Paliza raised her brow.

“He still has his tattoos!” Elmo ignored the teacher.

“Uhm, well yes I have, in both arms… Why?” Adam said from the microphone.

“Mr. Magalona, show some respect to our guest speaker and don’t be judgmental!”

“But… but… you’re not supposed…” Elmo continued his bewilderment.

“Mr. Magalona, get out!” Ms. Paliza scolded.

Elmo remained staring at Adam. Man this is the unimaginable a doctor with tattoos? And to top it all, Adam Levine of Maroon 5 a psychiatrist?!

“MR. MAGALONA ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!”

Oh, Ma’am Paliza was talking to me! Sorry where are my manners, “Sorry Ma’am, I beg your pardon?” Elmo tried to smile.

All of my classmates laughed.

“I said, get out!”

I was startled for a second trying to figure out everything, and then it occurred to me, yeah I am being sent out because of what I did. I can’t do anything but to follow her. Everyone was looking at me as I stepped out of the hall. Mike tried to follow me but Ma’am Paliza ordered him to sit down. I really do not know what I should feel, should I be embarrassed because of what I have done, or should I pity all of them for they have no idea of who Adam… er, what Adam really is.

***

1312 

“Apologies Sir Franceco for my tardiness. Father wanted me to join him today to look at some portraits. I was not able to escape him immediately.” Julie exhaled as she returned to Francesco’s hut “Here is the book.” She added.

“Thank you Princess. Here, have a sit first and try to relax.” Francesco smiled “Have you told your father that you’ll be gone for a moment?”

“No, I just escaped when he turned his back.” Julieanne giggled.

“Oh!”  He laughs, “That’s not what I meant my dear Princess.” Francesco smiled again.

“I… I don’t get it.” Julieanne made a confused expression.

“Uhm, let’s see… do you want to see the future?”

“The future? Is it possible?”

Francesco gave me this expression that I couldn’t explain. But I felt that he wanted to tell me if I am fibbing or not. Now I am acting dumb. Of course it is possible he is fate!

Then he laughed again, “Of course, but it is not I who will bring you there but this book.” Francesco said.

“The book? Fascinating!”