Chapter 1 (unedited)

WATTPAD CHARCTERS ARE 18+
_________________________________________

Warnings| Strong Language.

Tw: sexual content and violence.
________________________________________

There is this stigma, about what boys are supposed to wear. How we are supposed to act. Nail polish is for girls, boys play with trucks, not Barbie dolls.  Society has its own image of what men and boys are supposed to look like. However, I have always been a little....different.

I was interested in make-up at a young age,  and it didn't take long for me to steal some from my mother's closet.  I was excited and caked my face with a bunch of foundation and eyeshadow. When my mom found me in her room, playing with her make-up supplies she just smiled. "What are you doing honey?" I remembered she asked.

I quickly turned around and hid the lipstick behind my back "Um...nothing".

"If you wanted to wear make-up, you could've asked me," She said

"I...I didn't want to upset you" I mumbled.

She laughed, then placed her hands on my face. Immediately the foundation went on her hands "Okay..honey, too much".

    I always had supportive parents. However, when Dad saw me with make-up on he assumed Mom did it. "...oh my god, what is on with your face? What the fuck?" Dad said.

I said nothing. "Why is my son wearing lipstick?" He asked.

"He's exploring..." Mom gave a simple explanation while she put her beauty supplies back.

    Okay, so Dad wasn't thrilled with the idea of his son wearing make-up at first. However, he tolerated it. As I got older my parents noticed I was more on the feminine side, and although Dad didn't understand; he was supportive. I dated this girl, but while in the relationship I struggled with my sexual orientation. Which complicated things with my then-girlfriend, Jessica Haye.

The whole time Jessica and I were together, I wasn't affectionate. I never kissed her. I refused to even hold her hand. However, what hurt Jessica the most was when I wouldn't call her my girlfriend. In the end, it backfired on me, I caught Jessica in bed with another guy.

Once we broke up, I found myself and came out as gay.

                __________♡__________

"Hey, Astery...." I look up from the book I'm reading, immediately something drops in my lap. I grab the jolly rancher that was thrown at me, then glance back at Jessica. "Oh...thanks"

It's the first day back at Londonnord High School since the summer break. It feels weird walking into school after all this time off, even stranger to be sitting in a classroom again. I'm not ready for the new school year, many of my friends graduated. There will be a lot of new faces, which means I need to try making new friends. For an ordinary kid, this might be the most exciting part of the school year.

However,  for someone with autism like myself, it's difficult to adjust. I don't like change and making friends has never been easy. Everybody sees me as awkward because I  keep to myself. I sometimes only talk when I'm talked to, because the less I speak the better.  Anytime I tell someone I have autism, they say you don't look autistic. And I respond with, what am I supposed to look like?

I think people believe, that someone with autism is supposed to be non-verbal and slow-minded. However, that isn't always true.

"Where is Pierson?" Jessica sits at a desk, placing her purse on the chair behind her.