Chapter 8 (unedited)

Warnings| Strong Language, sexual content, bullying and violence.
________________________________________

(Astery's p.o.v)

'Forever and always' I hear Piersons voice in the back of my mind, repeating those same words. I stand at my locker the next day, staring at myself in the mirror. 'Forever and always'. The good thing about being single, is you have your own freedom. You don't have someone breathing down your neck every minute of every day. There are no rules to follow. No dates you have to memories and you don't have to constantly worry about your other half.

I always though what Pierson and I had was a forever type of thing.  I imagined plenty of times, Pierson proposing after we got out of highschool. How we would move in together and adopt children, be a big happy family. Something Pierson never had. A family of our own.

    I lost track of how many times Pierson has apologized, his apology seems sincere but I can't see myself being with someone like that. Someone who uses my past against me, to win an argument. A person who is perfectly comfortable with using slurs, without a second though. After what Pierson said, it makes me wonder. If he is capable of saying that stuff to my face, what does he say behind my back?

Everybody copes differently, when Pierson is dealing with heartache he becomes a fuck boy. Having sex with as many girls as possible. However, I just shut down , to avoid talking about how I feel. I been  quiet lately, which is kind of abnormal for me. My friends are concerned, worried I might slit my wrists again.

    But I would be damned, if I cut myself over..some guy who treats me like trash. 

        "Okay....everybody listen up" Mr. Daughtler says during fifth period, he has a stack of papers in his hand.   Everyone is quick to stop talking, "Thank you, I have graded work to give back. If you have any questions about your grade, please see me after class"

   Mr. Daughtler goes around to everybody, handing back a packet of graded work. I focus on the assignment, reading a Shakespeare novel and writing a summary about what I read. I picked Macbeth! Three chapters in I start writing my summary, while I wait for my graded worksheets to arrive. Mr. Daughtler stops at my desk, I glance up at him and watch as he returns my work.

I fold the edge of the page in the "Macbeth' book, setting it down next to me while I go through these papers I received. An 86%?  Hey, it's not an A but I'll take it, I say to myself while skimming through the rest. 50%, that's not good. I move to the next page, 60%?.

And the last page has me shook, %98?!  I see at the top of my paper, a smiley face with small print underneath. I look closer, reading: If you need anything just call me. Next to that is a phone number, with Mr. Daughtler's full name across from it. I glance up at Mr. Daughtler, smiling at him. He smiles back and turns his back, returning to his desk.

"Hey dude..." Roberto whispers, tapping on my shoulder nonstop.

I look at him, Roberto continues "What is 20%? Is that good?"

I shake my head "You failed" I say, picking up Macbeth

"What?" How did I fail?" Roberto asks, tossing his hands in the air.

"You only answered two questions, then told Mr. Daughtler the worksheet was stupid and then drew anime on the back of your paper"  I remind him.

       Roberto pulls out a red sharpie from his pocket, then scribbles over the 20% and put a 100 ontop "Fixed it" He whispers.

"Wow...that's very convincing"

       "WHAT?!" Pierson says so loudly, everybody turns their head to look at him "These aren't my answers..."