Chapter 18 (unedited)

Warnings| Strong Language.
_________________________________________

~Astery's p.o.v~

All these pieces are finally being put together, although everything is starting to make sense. There are questions that are still left unanswered. To find out the truth about my relationship with Pierson, it makes me wonder what else Mr. Daughtler has been lying about. Why did Mr. Daughtler lie about who Pierson was? Why didn't I know who Pierson was before?

I start to cry. These thoughts of the hell I been through since I came to North Dakota is eating me up inside. The regret of leaving my home, my friends and family, to be with someone who I thought loved me. Only for everything to become a disaster in the end. Only to be lied to,  manipulated, and abused by that same person.

To witness the unthinkable happen right before your eyes, and not being able to do anything about it. Cause you are afraid for your own safety.  If I knew then,  what I know now. I probably  would've never ran away with Mr. Daughtler.  Being with him was a mistake. Loving him was a mistake.

  Now, I have to suffer the consequences. "Asteryian..." Pierson says.  I glance behind me, confused on who he is talking to "Astery?" He speaks louder.

I look back at him,  point to myself, and  say nothing .  "Yeah...that's your name" Pierson says.

I shake my head, "My name is Tristian"

"No, your name is Asteryian Charles Heddling" Pierson explains.

Asteryian? What kind of name is that? It sounds made up. Asteryian Charles Heddling? If this  was my name, like he claims,  wouldn't I remember it?

I only recall Mr. Daughtler labeling me as Tristian. Then again, maybe this was another one of these many lies that Mr. Daughtler told. "Asteryian?" I repeat.
Pierson nods but says nothing more. "Why don't I remember?" I ask.
"Because Mr. Daughtler drained your memory"

Drained my memory? Is that even possible? Everything I know is a lie.  The door suddenly opens, a police officer walks in.  The policeman is very tall with tattoos and piercings , he has a buzz cut and wears glasses "Which one of you are Asteryian Heddling?" He asks.

Pierson and I look at each other at first, then I look at the officer with my hand raised. I then peek at the word sewn into his uniform,  Officer Wentin. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asks.

I stand up and walk out of the room with Officer Wentin, standing in the hallway is two men in suits. I start to get nervous, wondering what is going on. Am I in trouble? Once we sit in the waiting area, Officer Wentin starts asking questions about my relationship with Mr. Daughtler. Many of these questions are about his behavior towards me.

How Mr. Daughtler acts.  If he was ever violent. "Sometimes.." I admit.

"Violent toward you?" Officer Wentin asks, trying to clarify. The detective next to him writes in a notepad, I assume jotting down everything I say word from word.

I nod, "Yeah..

Then these questions get more intense, they speak about kids that went missing at camp Adama. If I knew about these camp counselor's abusing, torturing and killing these campers. I start to be like I'm being interrogated. But answer truthfully, "I found out the first day, Paige told me. I didn't believe it, until Mr. Daughtler killed her" I explain
"You saw him, kill Paige?" Officer Wentin asks.
"No..." I say

|Flashback|

"SYLAS, DONT HURT HER" I screamed. I then heard gunshots ring out, four bangs. I covered my mouth, while  crying.

|End of flashback|

Tears stream down my face as I remember the exact moment it happened, " I heard it".