Chapter 24 (unedited)

Warnings| Strong Language,and  murder, violence.
_______________________________________

(Third p.o.v)

On December 19th, Detective Gunter sits with a young girl in the toy room of the police station.  Brookelynn, a camper who went to Camp Adama, is openly discussing the abuse she and other campers endured throughout these years. Brookelynn admits her experience isn't as tragic, but she witnessed the torment Paige went through. Heard these screams Paige cried when she was raped for the first time. Everything that happened to Paige,  Brookelynn saw and was forced to turn a blind eye.

Brookelynn isn't surprised Paige was pregnant at the time of her death; however, Brookelynn wonders who the father was. There were many times, Paige was raped by different male camp counselors, so any of them could've been the baby's father. Now, we will never know because both Paige and her unborn baby are dead. "They only called you names...and threatened you, but never got violent?" Detective Gunter questions.

Brookelynn nods, not understanding why she didn't get the same treatment  every other camper did "Yes..."

"Do you know why?" Detective Gunter asks.

Brookelynn continues to play with these Barbie dolls, "No...I never understood it. I was only the one who watched the campers get punished. The beatings. The rapes. But, nothing was ever done to me" She explains.

"You saw Paige....getting abused?" Detective Gunter asks, his curiosity grew.

    Brookelynn gets emotional, remembering how much Paige suffered. Brookelynn wipes her tears, then says "It wasn't fair...what they did to her"

Detective Gunter says nothing, but his heart breaks for all these kids who have been traumatized. Brookelynn continues "I don't know....Sylas was obsessed with her, then these other camp counselors were drawn to her. She couldn't escape"

"What did they do to her?" Detective Gunter asks.

  Brookelynn looks down at the Barbie doll in her hand, her tears falling on it. "What didn't they do? She was beaten with a belt. Burned with cigarettes. You name it, they probably did it" She mumbles.

"So....you weren't surprised that she was murdered," Detective Gunter asks.

Brookelynn shakes her head, "No. No, I knew it was bound to happen eventually". She admits.

Detective Gunter nods, saying nothing in return.  "I didn't think.....t-that soon" She whines.

~
Meanwhile, in Delaware, Aubrey sits in her parents' house and is eating breakfast with her mom and dad. Doug returned home the day before, disobeying his ex-wife's command never to come back. Aubrey puts another spoonful of Cheerios in her mouth, listening to her parents argue. "I don't think I want Pierson to come home" Doug admits.

Pierson has been in North Dakota since October, it's almost New Year's, and he still isn't home yet. Knowing how much Pierson cares about Asteryian, he most likely won't return until the issues are resolved. "I don't give a flying fuck, what you want," The ex-wife and mother,  Sydney replies angrily.

Doug purposely ignores Sydney's objection, continuing on with a homophobic rant: "Pierson is damaged....this obsession with Astery, whatever his name is. This crush" Doug mentions.

Aubrey throws her spoon on the table, unable to listen to her father bad-mouthing Pierson any longer. "It's not a crush. They've been dating for almost two years".

Dough glances at Aubrey, appalled by his daughter's reaction. "Are you saying you're okay with that behavior?" He asks.

"Why wouldn't I be? It's not harming me in any way," Aubrey argues while standing up from the table. She places her empty bowl in the sink.